Lamare Bogarde

lexicon

37 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'm old enough to remember Ugo's debut. Looked like he'd never played football before.

Conversely, I remember Nii Lamptey's debut too. Looked like the greatest footballer of all time.

Ohh that Nii Lamptey debut, can't remember many players I got so excited about on their debuts, perhaps Adama Traore away to Crystal Palace.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair but let's go through the team and see where they all were at age 20. Wonder how many of them you would have watched and said they would one day be at Champions league level. 

S209MCP1_3f9821f2-79c6-4a67-932a-6fc03d8

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Another thread to close down because you can't say when players played crap anymore.

We also need to keep thanking Hause, Chamberlinho and the likes for helping us to the top 4 🙏 

He didn’t play great, and got completely done for their goal.

But given he’s only 20, and had quite a few positive moments in the game, I’m pretty optimistic he’ll turn out to be a useful player for us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

He didn’t play great, and got completely done for their goal.

But given he’s only 20, and had quite a few positive moments in the game, I’m pretty optimistic he’ll turn out to be a useful player for us.

You can't say that I'm afraid. He played crap and will never make it. End of.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

5 minutes ago, Fight Like Lions said:

Tony Moon anyone? Seems a lifetime ago now 

Who need Benteke when you have Gestede? We can go on forever. 

I think with Bogarde you have to ask was he a player completely out of his depth that won't make it at this level or a 20 year old with potential playing his first ever Premier League game against a very physical team in a very hostile atmosphere. 

I personally think it was the latter but that's probably because we won.  Maybe a loan to Championship would have been good for him.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Indigo said:

VillaTalk in a nutshell is two people freely saying contrasting things whilst each claiming they're apparently not allowed to do so. 😂

My post was taking the piss out of the other one 😊 

• Like 1

Think there’s some classic overreactions in here but that being said it’s a bit alarming we have to rely on an inexperienced player in a top flight game when we are a CL team. It’s incredible that we haven’t addressed the RB position unless Unai is far more confident in and reliant on Cash than we realised. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Think there’s some classic overreactions in here but that being said it’s a bit alarming we have to rely on an inexperienced player in a top flight game when we are a CL team. It’s incredible that we haven’t addressed the RB position unless Unai is far more confident in and reliant on Cash than we realised. 

Red Star Belgrade relied on an unproven 17 year old right back in the Champions League, and Dortmund had a young left back who had barely made an appearance in a top flight league before being named to the team of the tournament.......  😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FLVillan said:

Red Star Belgrade relied on an unproven 17 year old right back in the Champions League, and Dortmund had a young left back who had barely made an appearance in a top flight league before being named to the team of the tournament.......  😉

Bogarde or Ned won't be the youngest this year, I suspect. Something tells me this 17-yo lad is going to get a match or two for Barça this fall. 😁

Edited by Marka Ragnos

He played well in an unfamiliar position, did everything right apart from misplaced passes and the error on the goal. It was just nerves, he will get better i am sure. 

I thought he struggled at times especially in the second half, not a great debut (yes I know not technically his debut) but he’s been thrown completely in, and he coped just about OK. At fault for the goal but was clearly struggling at that point with fatigue and should have been subbed a few minutes before. Being thrown straight into the starting 11 of the PL is no easy task at all, he’s not been given any Micky mouse cup games or easy minutes off the bench to warm up to it, just straight in. It will be a huge learning curve for him, with these players it will take them several games just to get used to the basics at PL level before you can start thinking about anything else. Will be interesting to see if he is utilised more or if it was just a needs must scenario

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

Have Liverpool not had to draw on their academy/youth players a lot over the past few years? Sure you could find examples for other CL teams as well, we'll be fine

• Like 1

Makes his debut out of position, made a mistake for their goal and looked tired in the second half and misplaced a few passes. But the most important thing is we won.

If Unai trusts him, then so do I. He's going to have a part to play this season and I'm sure he'll do just fine.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â