Lamare Bogarde

lexicon

55 minutes ago, allani said:

How many Bluenoses are posting in this forum these days.  It seems like we're flooded with posters desperately trying to moan about everything they can despite the huge improvement on and off the pitch over the last 2 seasons.  Pathetic.

So boring isn't it, the best football we've had in years and you would think we are in league one like their beloved blues

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

So boring isn't it, the best football we've had in years and you would think we are in league one like their beloved blues

Sigh. What’s boring is this back and forth of being too critical and too lenient. There is a middle ground you know?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

So we have to pretend everyone played really well because we’ve got good results?

Got it

No, he didn't play well

But it's not hard to see and understand why he didn't play well and then decide not to slaughter him

There seems a big gap between expectations and reality with young players, Ned is exactly the same

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

No, he didn't play well

But it's not hard to see and understand why he didn't play well and then decide not to slaughter him

There seems a big gap between expectations and reality with young players, Ned is exactly the same

Agreed. But the post I was referring to basically inferred if you moan about a bad performance then you’re  a blue nose. 

It’s possible to be doing well and point out bad performances. This was one of them

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Sigh. What’s boring is this back and forth of being too critical and too lenient. There is a middle ground you know?

I completely agree btw! 

1 hour ago, Dillon66 said:

As much as I love you Unai, thats cobblers. I didn't think he was as bad first half as some on here made out but he was having a mare second half and should have been hooked much sooner. Ned should be first choice if Cash isn't available and the decision not to strengthen in that area looks more dubious by the day. People will point to PSR constraints but we've paid money for 3 players we evidently didnt need as we've sent then on loan in the forlorn hope they increase in value. Lovely thought, but we needed improvement in the here and now, not next year.

Emery Out. Dillon66 In.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PaulC said:

See Emerys thinking giving young players game time so they gain experience but it's a risky strategy. 

People moaning that we are playing a young player in a position we’re short, then will moan when we sell an academy player. 

• Like 2

It must be hard enough making your premier league debut but being played out of position in doing so, it’s a big ask. Not a brilliant debut but he showed some courage going forward and looks like a good player overall, in whatever position that may be in the future. I assume Emery wanted to take Kosta out of the firing line today as he’s also been thrown in at the deep end a little bit. 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

See Emerys thinking giving young players game time so they gain experience but it's a risky strategy. 

Worked well enough for Liverpool last year. Yes it’s risky but games like today are perfect to trust the youth players. 

Thought he was all right until the second half wore on, definitely better on the ball than Cash but also more likely to lose it due to his willingness to try a tough pass or beat a press. He'll learn which ones he can and can't get away with, and he has to play games like this to do so.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

The kid is 20, he played RB - I've only ever seen him play CB or CDM - he was on loan at Bristol Rovers not long ago, playing in League 1.

Today, he started and for the majority of the game kept his man quiet. Loose passes yes, poor for their goal yes, but not many come in and do a Gareth Barry from the off. 

I think a lot on here need to read what the word patience means. 

Ipswich supporters were nervous about this 20-year-old 11 years ago -- thought he wasn't ready.

spacer.png

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â