Lamare Bogarde

lexicon

4 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

As much as I love you Unai, thats cobblers. I didn't think he was as bad first half as some on here made out but he was having a mare second half and should have been hooked much sooner. Ned should be first choice if Cash isn't available and the decision not to strengthen in that area looks more dubious by the day. People will point to PSR constraints but we've paid money for 3 players we evidently didnt need as we've sent then on loan in the forlorn hope they increase in value. Lovely thought, but we needed improvement in the here and now, not next year.

One thing that I really liked is that he's good at selling a dummy and then taking the ball into space.  He made some really good runs - but unfortunately he then often made a poor pass than undid all his work.  Good experience.  Didn't let himself down at all.   According to some posters on here we've played over 210 minutes with RBs who shouldn't be playing in the PL and yet we've still got 6 points out of a possible 9.

• Like 1

Whatever potential a young player might have can be doubled when you think of the coaching he will get from Emery. Let’s not write Bogarde off, give him time to settle into the squad and get used to playing premier league football. It’ll be invaluable to him and possibly us toward the end of the season when we might need to utilise the full squad, these minutes will be the making of him. 

• Like 1

How many Bluenoses are posting in this forum these days.  It seems like we're flooded with posters desperately trying to moan about everything they can despite the huge improvement on and off the pitch over the last 2 seasons.  Pathetic.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

As much as I love you Unai, thats cobblers. I didn't think he was as bad first half as some on here made out but he was having a mare second half and should have been hooked much sooner. Ned should be first choice if Cash isn't available and the decision not to strengthen in that area looks more dubious by the day. People will point to PSR constraints but we've paid money for 3 players we evidently didnt need as we've sent then on loan in the forlorn hope they increase in value. Lovely thought, but we needed improvement in the here and now, not next year.

The only thing Unai said about this match is "He played comfortably". Which obviously is a stretch, but at the same time is the thing I expect a decent manager to say about a 20 year old debutant playing out of position.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

Tbf those 3 players were part of swaps. Not necessarily guys we went after. 

Just now, allani said:

How many Bluenoses are posting in this forum these days.  It seems like we're flooded with posters desperately trying to moan about everything they can despite the huge improvement on and off the pitch over the last 2 seasons.  Pathetic.

Who’s moaning? A couple of people have pointed out he didn’t play very well. 

Do we all have to pretend bad performances don’t exist otherwise we’re blues fans?

• Like 3

Stunned he started.

Not awful in possession if you're looking for positives. Few nice carries, even though I was terrified every time he did it. Good little dribble before second goal.

Some poor passes and some poor general defending.

Ned comes in v Ev for me. Potentially he's better from set-pieces? Could be why he got the nod today, and might do again if Cash isn't fit.

• Like 1

I think its very rare for a young defender to have a storming debut. Most look nervous and gas out, which is what Bogarde did. That attempt at a tackle for Leicester's goal just looked like pure tiredness. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Who’s moaning? A couple of people have pointed out he didn’t play very well. 

Do we all have to pretend bad performances don’t exist otherwise we’re blues fans?

His "Villa career is over", "shouldn't play again for us this season", "don't know why we signed him", etc - is not offering a reasoned assessment of a performance.  The same thing happened when Rogers started.  Give a reasoned and sensible opinion and we can discuss.  Respond with hyperbolic, ridiculous comments posted for effect and expect some flak back.  Simples.  6 points from 9 after a pre-season when many of those same people were saying we were dreadful and were going to get battered at the start of the season.  

• Like 4

Think he did OK. Guilty for the goal. 

But for all the complaints about selling academy for PSR and not believing in our youth, there’s certainly a quick hook when Unai gives faith to one of our younger players. 

Most defensive debuts are like this and I hope Unai keeps giving him a chance. 

4 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Basically we pimped him for PSR value….. and got away with it by the skin of our teeth. 

Didn't we reject a £4m bid from Forest for him?

10 minutes ago, allani said:

His "Villa career is over", "shouldn't play again for us this season", "don't know why we signed him", etc - is not offering a reasoned assessment of a performance.  The same thing happened when Rogers started.  Give a reasoned and sensible opinion and we can discuss.  Respond with hyperbolic, ridiculous comments posted for effect and expect some flak back.  Simples.  6 points from 9 after a pre-season when many of those same people were saying we were dreadful and were going to get battered at the start of the season.  

Not sure where you’re seeing the other comments but the career over post seemed like obvious sarcasm to me. There are plenty of reasoned takes as to why people weren’t happy with him itt which are surrounded by significantly more positive opinions of his day.

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just me being petty to be fair.

About all the abuse he gets when he's nowhere near as bad as ppl make out 

Huh?

Im confused. I didn’t even mention Cash. 

35 minutes ago, allani said:

So we have to pretend everyone played really well because we’ve got good results?

Got it

Thought he played fairly well until he tired but I tens to look at younger players differently he didn’t do much wrong in the first half . I remember the same reaction here on Jacob Ramsey’s debut and Morgan Rogers . What were you expecting a prime Cafu type performance??

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â