Lamare Bogarde

lexicon

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

For all the stick Ned got, this lad has looked ten time worse. 

I assume he’ll get the hook at half time

Just avoiding saying Cash huh?

Who is currently better than both if we keep it real lol

• Like 2

A lot of young players look poor/nervous on their debuts. Experience will do him the world of good. 

Thought he did o.k first half but Leicester really missed a trick not starting Madividi today as he really exposed Bogarde's inexperience.

Bit worrying if Bailey is out for a few weeks our right hand side is already looking decimated. 

Can't really be starting the kid at RB in the CL, would be unfair on him as he's as far off that level as Tim was in the Europa last season.

Just looked like a nervy performance from a young debutant more than anything else today. Some bits he did well, some bits he did terribly - he’ll learn from it.

FWIW, he had a better game than Rogers IMO who was excellent against Arsenal. Just the way it goes with younger non-elite players, really. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just avoiding saying Cash huh?

Who is currently better than both if we keep it real lol

Huh? What’s Cash got to do with it?

Usual over reactions! Career over 😂😂

Kids 20 and just made his debut in an unfamiliar position.  Plenty to work with and Unai must think so given the new contract.

• Like 2

A young player playing out of his preferred position playing away from home in his first start in the premier league.

It was always likely to be difficult but gives the player some experence at least.

The wider concern is right back IMO was the position we needed to strengthen the most during the transfer window and we have haven't. Hopefully Cash returns soon.

I thought he was fine to be fair to him. Showed a lot of attacking endeavour and was decent on the ball. Gave the ball away a bit more than Cash but he was a bit more adventurous with it. 

Mavididi gave him problems when he came on, especially after the yellow, but would definitely give him another go

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

I remember Big Ugo not having the best of debuts. 

Was just thinking that! He was all arms and legs. 

Posted (edited)

I just think Lamare is exactly what we've seen all along this year. He's super skilled -- and super young. That's the whole story, in some ways. Can't pretend he's something more or less than that. I think we have to hope for luck as we try to keep the Villa ship sailing without getting more holes in the hull as we await some of our injured lads to return. He's 20. He's not going to stop being 20 until his birthday in January, but he's damn good.

I mean, people realise we don't have a tonne of choices, right? Did you not just watch the transfer window? What do you want? 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â