Lamare Bogarde

lexicon

I thought he looked great in pre season and to be honest how many times do we moan about lads not being given a chance, i wouldn't be surprised after the comments in the presser if he starts v Leicester

• Like 2

Looking like a big season for him. From what we’ve seen during preseason I think he’s ready to feature. More importantly he’s good at build up which we require.

On 21/08/2024 at 11:01, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I wonder will we ever see him at right back, he has all the attributes to play there in the Emery system, apart from experience.

Well done, sir. 

He has actually played right-back for the first team in pre-season a few times, I can't remember if it was with Emery or back when Gerrard was the manager, although at the time I think it was more a way of just getting him on the pitch to get some game time with the seniors, rather than much thought being put into the specific position he played

He is pretty similar to Geertruida. He has more pace, but has rougher edges all round, as would be expected for a 20 year old.

They are the same height, both are versatile & can play CDM, CB, RB. Both are defensive minded RBs. Both are technically gifted players who can take the ball in tight spaces & pass the ball. Being Dutch another similarity, albeit means nothing in the playing sense.

This was the only positive that I saw with missing out on Geertruida was that we had this kid waiting in the wings.

I think it was actually Joey Barton, of all people, who first recognised his ability as a destroyer in the CDM role. But he showed that he could be more than just a destroyer when I think they played him at the CM role. His heat map has him all over the pitch in League One.

Personally, I would prefer him at CB in a couple of years, but at RB, he offers us a budget version of the sort of work that Konsa does there. Once he gets used to Emerys back line of course. 

Edited by Andy_10
Spelling
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, cb_82 said:

I thought he looked great in pre season and to be honest how many times do we moan about lads not being given a chance, i wouldn't be surprised after the comments in the presser if he starts v Leicester

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

RB is often where young CBs get there first game time as it's less pressure than CB position. Also Bogardes experience in Midfield means he'd suit our build up structure a bit better than Nedeljkovic atm. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bogarde start and Nedeljkovic come off the bench. 

Bogarde was very good in pre season

Top shouts. Well predicted! Hope he takes his chance

• Like 1

I’d love us to have another young player come through and get established in the team, don’t think it’s really happened since Ramsey or Chucky I guess?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â