Lamare Bogarde

lexicon

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Must be rated as possibly having a future here.

Seems he's been here forever but is slowly developing into a good player.

Physically too.

Or else they reckon they can get a kellyman level fee for him next summer.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Or else they reckon they can get a kellyman level fee for him next summer.

Same as Barry, they haven't reached their peak value yet, give them another year loan see if they make a big step forward and keep them or hope it at least adds a few million to them

Forest might come back next summer 

he looks like he has really bulked up.

Also looks pretty decent from what i have seen.

Will be interesting to see how he develops, probably needs a Championship loan?

Think I’ve said it on here but I heard he is off to Sunderland on loan from someone their side. Not sure how his itk track record stands up but he is convinced.

I hope he stays and gets minutes as he can be our 4/5th CB. Kids talented for sure and would be great for one of these project players to actually make the breakthrough. 

I don't think there's much chance he doesn't go out on loan, unless he's going to get significant game time with us, he needs to play regularly at a decent level for his development, he spent half of last season in our U21s which is no good for him, that level was already easy for him at sixteen, and he's also had a year out with injury, so needs game time. He's long been good enough for a Championship loan, and will be a good thing if it happens this summer

I think Fab said we're looking to give him a new contract, my guess is we will announce that and loan move for him at the same time

1 hour ago, useless said:

I don't think there's much chance he doesn't go out on loan, unless he's going to get significant game time with us, he needs to play regularly at a decent level for his development, he spent half of last season in our U21s which is no good for him, that level was already easy for him at sixteen, and he's also had a year out with injury, so needs game time. He's long been good enough for a Championship loan, and will be a good thing if it happens this summer

I think Fab said we're looking to give him a new contract, my guess is we will announce that and loan move for him at the same time

I've seen a few rumours that he's heading back to the Netherlands on loan as soon as the US tour is done and a new contract has been announced. I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to following transfers and squad building around Europe and kept thinking it was interesting that PSV are currently sat with only 3 centre backs going into the new season and 2 are injured....

They didn't mind taking a punt on Branthwaite from Everton's academy a couple years back and it worked out extremely well for both parties. 

Edited to add they're known to be chasing CBs with Liverpools Van Den Berg on the shortlist but they seem short of the £20mil valuation. Not impossible that they'd end up with him and Bogarde though, would just mean when everyone is fit Bogarde will have a real fight on his hands to play. 

PSV played at the weekend with midfielders in defence because of how short they are on options. 

Edited by skarroki

a guess wherever he ends up he will be mostly used in midfield,  he can play central defence, but only ever really plays there for us as cover or when we're short of options. He always played midfield for Bristol Rovers too.

Edited by useless

He must go out on loan. Surely we’ve all learned from the number of players we’ve held back by keeping as squad options in the past, and then losing any potential transfer value for them? Keinan Davis, Calum O’Hare to name but two. 

He’s currently 8th choice centre midfielder, and 5th choice (at best) centre back. He needs first team football for the good of his career. 

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I like this boy, worth pursuing with his development imo.

He fits the style of our game (i.e. he's technically proficient and decent passer/in possession) and seemed to hold the line well the other day.

The concern for me is aerially, though. Club America are a short outfit, by and large, so weren't going to threaten in the air. 

The big problem we have at the back is that Mings is the only one who at least was a physically dominant, aerial powerhouse and we don't know what he's going to be like when he gets back. 

I like him as a squad option but we desperately need a CB who can protect Pau. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He fits the style of our game (i.e. he's technically proficient and decent passer/in possession) and seemed to hold the line well the other day.

The concern for me is aerially, though. Club America are a short outfit, by and large, so weren't going to threaten in the air. 

The big problem we have at the back is that Mings is the only one who at least was a physically dominant, aerial powerhouse and we don't know what he's going to be like when he gets back. 

I like him as a squad option but we desperately need a CB who can protect Pau. 

You sound like me.....but a legitimate concern.

The big problem for me is conceding goals so easily, and with such basic abandon.

I have no problem conceding well crafted goals, as we have to give the opposition credit at times......it's the sloppy, avoidable ones, that concern me.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â