Lamare Bogarde

lexicon

Tough game, understandable decision to take him off at halftime, but has been a good few weeks for him, two Premier League starts, and a Champions League start. Would like to see him given a chance against Wycombe in midfield, as that's his best position, and where we will likely see him at his best

• Like 1

First game I wasn't having him but if Emery is picking him repeatedly then he's absolutely showing something.

I expect he's going to be one of them ones who is a fast learner that kicks on rapidly. I ain't a football coach I don't see what they see but he must have "it" and it won't be long until he's up to speed.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Not a great performance again, but young players need opportunities and game time, Unai obviously rates him and these games will do him good.

Just not seeing any traits that would make me inclined to think he can do it at the RB position. Kosta has shown a lot more.

Edited by nepal_villan
  • Thanks 1

Noticed tonight a couple of times where he was on for a pass but he didn’t get it. Maybe others in the team lack confidence in him too.

He’s pretty rubbish tbh. The only compliment I can give him is he’s playing out of position so it’s to be expected.

Cash will be straight back in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Unai is pushing this kid then it's for a good reason, as usual it's 4D chess and there will be a moment in about 20 games from now where Cash gets subbed for him at a crucial point and he plays a blinder. Because of his experience early in the season. 

• Like 2

Wish all the best for the lad, but should not be near the first team at the moment. For me KHH was miles better whenever he played. Also Ned, although he is bound for few mistakes. Its hard to see Bogarde becoming starting right back for a CL team, long way at least.

Slow in turn, weak and nervous. When we build up from back, no one passes him even when he is the obvious choice.

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The pitch didn’t do him any favours, but we need a different solution when we play Bayern as he’d be up against much better players than tonight, hopefully Cash is back by then.

Alphonso Davies vs Bogarde 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwCpV5IbIDEjnG6g0XNot

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If Unai is pushing this kid then it's for a good reason, as usual it's 4D chess and there will be a moment in about 20 games from now where Cash gets subbed for him at a crucial point and he plays a blinder. Because of his experience early in the season. 

Fair enough, but us fans can only judge him on what we see.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He was poor tonight & the decision to sub him was correct.

It's still a learning curve for him & hopefully he learns from tonight instead of it denting his confidence.

There is a player in Bogarde. I think he offers Emery what he wants from his defensive minded RB who can pass the ball, but he is still very rough around the edges. 

Edited by Andy_10
  • Like 3

It will be Musiala, Gnabry and Davies running in his space, huge challenge for anyone.

Not too convinced with anyone we have to be honest against that lot. But still think that repeat of the 1982 is coming.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â