Lamare Bogarde

lexicon

Just now, Captain_Townsend said:

Isn't Ugo Ehiogu's debut notorious for being absolutely awful? Yet he went on to be one of our best centre Jack's of the Premier league era?

He was definitely the best centre Ugo.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

When Ramsey broke through under Deano his thread was full of he wont make it and we should start Chukwuemeka instead 😂

And the chukwemeka got his start and the his thread was “don’t see it” “needs a loan” 

7 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Isn't Ugo Ehiogu's debut notorious for being absolutely awful? Yet he went on to be one of our best centre backs of the Premier league era?

You ruined my Grealish joke with your quick edit 🙄

• Haha 1

Winning the game made his poor debut a free hit.

unfortunately the deep end was too deep for him, but everyone, including him knows where he is and where he needs work..  insight like this is a rare thing for most clubs, and we lost nothing to get it. 

no ifs, maybes or buts, he’s not good enough… to be a prem RB… yet. I think the lad will take this and learn from it, so will the coaching staff. 

a valuable lesson at no cost. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

spacer.png

Made the BBC team of the week. Haters in the mud 😂

It was picked by Chembo Deeney. I have a dog that has more football nous than this back&front.....guessing this might be his feeble attempt at bants.

• Haha 2

Did ok but was really poor for their goal and some of his passing was off, but if were to judge Morgan Rogers first game as yesterday, he'd be written off too.

I thought he looked one of the bright sparks in a very poor preseason and deserves a chance, and it seems Unai thinks so too, which is all that matters.

He was fine for the first 50 or so minutes but it was clear early that he was tiring and struggling. Awfully timed tackles due to his condition and pace of the game. 

It took way too long for the coaching/management to notice and it nearly cost us a penalty and potential red card. 

I get him being given a go since he's comfortable on the ball in the main but I don't think he was protected enough earlier. Kosta should have been on way sooner.

Congrats on your full PL debut Lamare. Tough, yet great experience for you.

19 hours ago, Kingman said:

How about a £20 bet to VT at the end of the season that he wins the young player of the season award 

(Obviously Rodgers excluded if he falls into that category) 

pointless as rodgers has the young player of the year award wrapped up already.

and even if rodgers doesn't, then bogarde won't come close (my prediction would be either philogene or nedeljkovic)

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Deeny was even at the game. Not like he was doing it based on highlights for our game 

He also said Onana was the best midfielder on the pitch and we struggled when he went off.

Amadou has been great but that was also bollocks. Tielemans was the best player on the pitch and Onana was struggling before he went off and his injury was hampering us a bit. Barkley came on and asserted himself nicely too.

Not sure what game he was watching. 

• Like 1

I imagine Deeney wade the decision to include Bogarde before the game kicked off. 

Makes him look clever to include up and coming players

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

no ifs, maybes or buts, he’s not good enough… to be a prem RB… yet

Right, but that ‘yet’ can change pretty quickly for a 20 year old. And frankly for anyone on a PL debut, I’ve never seen a worse PL debut than Patrice Evra for example and he turned out OK. Not disagreeing with you - just think these things can change very quickly! Or, if it takes him a year to step up, that’s ok too as long as we can cover it.

I remember when Ramsey made his debut and was struggling a bit I used to get pelters from some on here for saying sometimes you have to be patient and trust that short-term pain can lead to long-term gain - and maybe Deano was looking at what he could deliver a year down the line - a lot on here just say “we can’t have passengers, they can do their developing on loan.” But the truth is every young player is different and we can only trust Unai and co.

A long way of saying: you might be right, or he might start again in a couple of weeks and already look way better.

• Like 2

On 01/09/2024 at 00:31, Vive_La_Villa said:

Who need Benteke when you have Gestede? We can go on forever. 

I think with Bogarde you have to ask was he a player completely out of his depth that won't make it at this level or a 20 year old with potential playing his first ever Premier League game against a very physical team in a very hostile atmosphere. 

I personally think it was the latter but that's probably because we won.  Maybe a loan to Championship would have been good for him.

You forgot to add playing out of position. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â