Formula One - 2021

BOF

50 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Stays second anyway 

What sort of punishment is that 🤔 

Would have been very interesting if he'd had a few more seconds on Ocon and had gone for the fastest lap

48 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Stays second anyway 

What sort of punishment is that 🤔 

A token one.

I really hope the title is settled by racing on the track, if the title comes down to Max forcing Lewis off the track when being overtaken (or vice versa) it will be huge disappointment. 

39 minutes ago, Genie said:

A token one.

I really hope the title is settled by racing on the track, if the title comes down to Max forcing Lewis off the track when being overtaken (or vice versa) it will be huge disappointment. 

If he took him off the track years ago he might be labelled a ruthless determined genius, not so sure these days, would brand MV take an bashing.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

If he took him off the track years ago he might be labelled a ruthless determined genius, not so sure these days, would brand MV take an bashing.

I think a little bit of naughtiness now and again is more acceptable (and everyone does it), with Max it seems like every time he goes out onto the track he does at least 1 dick move. 

• Like 1

Unbelievable that he applied his brakes with Lewis behind him. I can't see how anyone can begin to justify this type of behaviour. Where is this type of driving going to end, with a death?

How can drivers race each other at these types of speed without trusting each other? I can't see how they can and it opens up a whole new avenue of racing , more like banger car racing tbh. Hope Lewis gets pole and wins from there without any interaction with Verstappen at all because its obvious Verstappen will drive to win and maybe kill. 

I really hope that we get a Championship decided on the track, and not seven hours afterward in an office full of officials, team bosses, drivers, lawyers, sponsors and TV reps.

If Max engineers an accident, or even if they take each other off in a racing incident, the championship won't be done at the chequered flag and that would be a real shame.

• Like 1

I don't think there's any chance Max deliberately takes out Lewis. In an obvious way I mean, like Senna vs Prost. He might get up to his usual antics, but people thinking he's going to just drive into Lewis are wide of the mark I think. These days with penalties handed out they wouldn't allow him to win the title like that I don't think.

I think Lewis will win it on track. Probably a 1st vs 2nd which would be a fitting way to end the season

I also think Lewis might retire if that happens

• Like 1

11 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Money on MV causing a crash in the final race, taking both him and LH out and thus winning himself the championship? 

And if he does I hope he wrecks his car and Lewis wins the title. I don't think for one second that will happen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think there's any chance Max deliberately takes out Lewis. In an obvious way I mean, like Senna vs Prost. He might get up to his usual antics, but people thinking he's going to just drive into Lewis are wide of the mark I think. These days with penalties handed out they wouldn't allow him to win the title like that I don't think.

I think Lewis will win it on track. Probably a 1st vs 2nd which would be a fitting way to end the season

I also think Lewis might retire if that happens

Cant see Lewis retiring.

Whatever the positives and many negatives that Max appears to have you have to say without him on track this season would have been another snoozefest. Lewis and Max are so far out infront of the rest of the field it's ridiculous. Bottas and Perez appear to be driving different cars to their team mates

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Whatever the positives and many negatives that Max appears to have you have to say without him on track this season would have been another snoozefest. Lewis and Max are so far out infront of the rest of the field it's ridiculous. Bottas and Perez appear to be driving different cars to their team mates

I don’t think a single person has doubted max’s talent. He’s incredible. 

He’s just a word removed

• Like 1

Max surely won't risk anything in the last race, unless he has no chance of winning maybe.

He cannot afford any kind of penalty, has to finish in front of Lewis.

I've noticed Lewis is being very cool with Max. I expected him to flip out at some point calling Max an idiot or something. Instead he is being very subtle about Max's antics on track.

18 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Max surely won't risk anything in the last race, unless he has no chance of winning maybe.

He cannot afford any kind of penalty, has to finish in front of Lewis.

I've noticed Lewis is being very cool with Max. I expected him to flip out at some point calling Max an idiot or something. Instead he is being very subtle about Max's antics on track.

I think he knows he has the upper hand. Max is obviously rattled. Mercedes have the momentum. Keeping a cool head will win them the title 

• Like 1

So the redesign of Yas Marina looks decent. Seems to follow what many have asked for - reduce the number of fiddly corners in favour of longer sweeping curves.

I went to this circuit about five years ago. It was a great experience (albeit a pointless race) so I'm fascinated to see how these changes pan out, especially as for the first time the championship is in the balance here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

So the redesign of Yas Marina looks decent. Seems to follow what many have asked for - reduce the number of fiddly corners in favour of longer sweeping curves.

I went to this circuit about five years ago. It was a great experience (albeit a pointless race) so I'm fascinated to see how these changes pan out, especially as for the first time the championship is in the balance here.

That'll mess up McLaren.