Formula One - 2021

BOF

Did Verstappen brake when Lewis was behind him causing the collision? Keep hearing he brake tested him but when was it,  haven't seen the on board from Verstappens car. If he did then it's disgusting from a professional driver.

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Did Verstappen brake when Lewis was behind him causing the collision? Keep hearing he brake tested him but when was it,  haven't seen the on board from Verstappens car. If he did then it's disgusting from a professional driver.

He slowed down to let Lewis pass because he was giving the position back, but Lewis didn’t know he was getting the position back. 

So I don’t think Lewis knew what was going on. 

And Max braked way more than he needed to and then after contact **** off into the distance

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I wouldn’t. I don’t like Lewis at all and when he deserves criticism I don’t hold back. 

What was he supposed to do? **** let him pass 😂

Its not hard. You’re not meant to make it hard for them. Slow down, move over, and let them through.

And you’re not meant to **** off into the distance when you cause a crash

It looked to me like he slowed down and move over, Lewis was caught unaware and ran into the back of him. 

Had Lewis overtaken him I don't think anyone would be moaning about Max.

Do you think it's just possible that Max started to accelerate as he had expected Lewis to shoot of into the distance and he couldn't afford to give him to large a gap.

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

It looked to me like he slowed down and move over, Lewis was caught unaware and ran into the back of him. 

Had Lewis overtaken him I don't think anyone would be moaning about Max.

Do you think it's just possible that Max started to accelerate as he had expected Lewis to shoot of into the distance and he couldn't afford to give him to large a gap.

What and didn’t realise that Lewis had hit him and was still behind him for the next few laps?

Seems unlikely. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

What and didn’t realise that Lewis had hit him and was still behind him for the next few laps?

Seems unlikely. 

He would have known that Lewis had hit him yes. Do you think at that point that Horner would have been straight onto the FIA to point out that they slowed to let Lewis through so what should they do. A few laps later he did give Lewis the place, probably after clarification from the pit wall.

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

He is still ahead with one race left, what's your point.

My point is both of them crashing when he’s ahead in the championship would be an amazing result for him. 

Im not sure why him still being ahead is relevant

28 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Just a yes or no answer, did he leave Lewis enough room to overtake him?

He probably didn't brake, just let off the throttle, but on these cars they decelerate so hard it's like putting the brakes on.

Did he leave enough room? He slowed even before the track opened up, so Lewis could have never overtaken him there anyway.

45 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Just a yes or no answer, did he leave Lewis enough room to overtake him?

It’s not a simple yes or no situation. Max was being a dick and wanted to make it look like he was doing what he was told but also trying to instigate a crash that would ensure he kept his points lead for the last race.

Max could have made it clear by going all the way to one side, but decided to stay in the middle, and wiggle slightly to really confuse Lewis.

Edited by Genie