Covid outbreak Jan 2021

NurembergVillan

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

bit odd they don't name the players who are positive, we'll find out anyway when they don't play tonight?

Medical information is private. They are under no obligation to reveal who had a positive test.

3 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

bit odd they don't name the players who are positive, we'll find out anyway when they don't play tonight?

Not allowed name them and none of the 1st team will be involved

41 minutes ago, picicata said:

Well, I've just tested positive for covid as well. Not a great surprise as my wife, who is a front line nurse, tested positive just after Christmas. The thing is, it wasn't until day 9 of isolation that I developed any symptoms. This could have knock onΒ affects for much longer than we would hope and it wouldn't surprise me if the season is stopped at some point.

Feels like that is inevitable. If the Premier League can't stop mass Covid outbreaks with all their resources then it shows that the situation is out of control.Β 

Edited by The Fun Factory

54 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Purslow saying ten players have tested positive and then a second later saying "it's far too early to think about the Spurs game" shows the degree to which these guys protect the Premier league. I think it would be a miracle if that game goes ahead.

Absolutely no chance theΒ Spurs game isn't postponed. If our entire first team is self-isolating for a mandated 10 days, the Spurs game comes too soon. For those muppets supporting other clubsΒ saying "well, Villa played the U18/U23s vs Liverpool and so Villa can field a team to play Spurs", I'm sure MCI/FUL/NEW could have also played their academies. So, not only is there precedent to postpone the match, but the rules set out by the PL state that 14 players from the squad list have to be available. If our entire first team is in self-isolation, then we don't meet that criterium and the match should be postponed.

• Like 1

The outbreak of the virus is a lot worse than it was last March and the season got postponed.

The season should be put on hold until it is safe again to resume and the participants of the premier league need to be part of a bubble.

This virus is potentially career ending in terms of long term effects. The Premier league clubs have invested a lot into these players and staff to allow this to happen.Β 

16 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

The outbreak of the virus is a lot worse than it was last March and the season got postponed.

The season should be put on hold until it is safe again to resume and the participants of the premier league need to be part of a bubble.

This virus is potentially career ending in terms of long term effects. The Premier league clubs have invested a lot into these players and staff to allow this to happen.Β 

the argument has always been that prem players are isolated, in a bubble etc and therefore safer than the regular public. it's clear this is no longer true.

not sure about anyone else but i'm coming across more folks that get positive covid tests. previously it was "a mate's mate's auntie had it" now i'm actually speaking to people i know who have had it. it's definitely worse than before. scrap the season.

18 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

It will have to get a lot worse before the Prem League will start to entertain any threat to their revenue.

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Jose Mourinho has challenged the Premier League to "show leadership" and not punish Tottenham with further postponements over coronavirus concerns. πŸ™„πŸ™„

If we are made to field a weakened team against Spurs when everyone else has had their games postponed I will start a fire in the Premier League's kitchen.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Jose Mourinho has challenged the Premier League to "show leadership" and not punish Tottenham with further postponements over coronavirus concerns. πŸ™„πŸ™„

Does he want to offer any other suggestions or does he just want to whinge as usual?

30 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

rocket polisher. They can do that by swapping their match with us for Fulham instead, as suggested by @Cizzler

• Like 1

Γ—
Γ—

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Γ‚