Match Thread: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

First yellow - Zaha pushes/hits Mings in the chest a few seconds before fouling McGinn, Mings comes over to trap the ball and give Zaha a bump in retaliation (give your head a wobble if you’re calling it a stamp). All started and finished by Zaha, very harsh yellow.

Second yellow - Zaha fouls Mings by pushing him in the back, Mings turns to retaliate again and motions to block Zaha off. Zaha runs into the arm and goes down. Annoying but clearly a yellow where he was on the pitch. Stupid by Mings.

Both players have lost their head and got caught up in a personal battle, Zaha has been the lucky one.

He embodies what's wrong about the modern " hard man " Shouts, sticks the chest out but can't look after his own game. We've had to bring our best player today off because of this fool. The worrying think is i don't think nobody in our dressing room, staff or players would have a pop at him and let him know he cost his team. Regardless of if we win or not .

• Confused 1

Correct decision or not, I find it amazing our player gets two cards in 5 minutes, yet in the Burnley game how many fouls did they commit and get away with?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

People are welcome to disagree, but I've watched the melee several times, and in my opinion, Mings is charging in looking for the ball. He only reacts because Zaha is flailing limbs at him, extending him arm to disarm the situation. Any contact was accidental. Zaha made a meal of it to wind Mings up and it worked.

If Mings had of walked away which he does so many times in games hed of still be on when it came to his first yellow. Theres something about Zaha that Mings does not like.

Just now, a m ole said:

First yellow - Zaha pushes/hits Mings in the chest a few seconds before fouling McGinn, Mings comes over to trap the ball and give Zaha a bump in retaliation (give your head a wobble if you’re calling it a stamp). All started and finished by Zaha, very harsh yellow.

Second yellow - Zaha fouls Mings by pushing him in the back, Mings turns to retaliate again and motions to block Zaha off. Zaha runs into the arm and goes down. Annoying but clearly a yellow where he was on the pitch. Stupid by Mings.

Both players have lost their head and got caught up in a personal battle, Zaha has been the lucky one.

That's how I see it. And not for the first time this season. Look how Bamford wound him up. Mings's head totally dropped. Bamford goes on to score again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJ said:

If you watch the replay for the second yellow, it actually shows Zaha pulling on Mings' hair.

Yeah foul on Mings first, still though, stupid first yellow and it's the position of the second foul (it is a foul even though the ref should give the foul on Mings first) that makes it a second yellow. Mings just no need to go in like he did for the first yellow.

I still think we can keep a clean sheet here.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

If Mings had of walked away which he does so many times in games hed of still be on when it came to his first yellow. Theres something about Zaha that Mings does not like.

He ain’t the only one tbh. Biggest moaner in the league.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I think he tried got his arm pulled around a bit.