Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

7 hours ago, Daweii said:

He won't even get that much shit for it either as the SHA fans will likely rationalise that Cotterill gave him an impossible task. Starting to see why he took the job now..

Probably still believe Harry would have got them up

Let's face it, the only way they were going to get someone that wasn't Barry Fry or Trevor Francis was to offer them a stupid contract on stupid money.

I am not even sure it is the right appointment, they need someone to stop the rot, get back to basics, keep clean sheets and nick a few goals. I am not sure Garry Monk trying to implement his style is going to work in the immediate future.

In the circumstances that's a decent appoinment.

I thought their only option would be to give Carsley the job until the end of the season.

Dosen't mean he'll keep them up though. Maybe he's looking at it from the viewpoint of rebuilding from league 1 e.g. they come straight back up next season and suddenly they have a winning mentality back in the championship.

He's taken a risk though. If it dosen't work out here then his managerial career really is on the downer.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I mean, he can, he could well be spending next season managing in League One, which is hardly a glamour appointment. And if he is there, managing them in League One, the expectation will be automatic promotion, probably as champions, so it won't be easy.

Yes thats very odd, I thought it would be till the end of the season at most but he must be looking at it thinking he will get the sack quickly and he will waltz away with a nice payday........

46 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

In the circumstances that's a decent appoinment.

I thought their only option would be to give Carsley the job until the end of the season.

Dosen't mean he'll keep them up though. Maybe he's looking at it from the viewpoint of rebuilding from league 1 e.g. they come straight back up next season and suddenly they have a winning mentality back in the championship.

He's taken a risk though. If it dosen't work out here then his managerial career really is on the downer.

If they go down the fans will turn on monk. They will say he had enough games to save them and the squad is good enough to stay up. The fans at the sty will demand he gets sacked if he takes them down so he wont get that chance. They have clotet who is apparently a good coach (although was sacked at oxford) which could be a good appointment.

4pm press conference wonder if he says they are biggest club in the region like the last few have claimed?

It depends on the circumstances. If they play decent football and win some games (let's say 5;)) but still go down I can't see any of the fanbase wanting him out. They would all blame Cotterill and I couldn't blame them given all  the winnable games they didn't win under him.

Could be similar to when Benitez took over Newcastle and couldn't keep them up. His deal might have a relegation get out clause in any case.

• Like 1

Kinda surprised Monk has taken that job. Think it's a good appointment for them personally. I don't think they have to do a lot to stay up really and I think Monk can achieve it just by making them a bit harder to beat.

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Probably good news for their flair players.

Okay, just Diego Jota then.

Doubtful, given that he plays for Wolves. ;)

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Kinda surprised Monk has taken that job. Think it's a good appointment for them personally. I don't think they have to do a lot to stay up really and I think Monk can achieve it just by making them a bit harder to beat.

I think this is Birmingham's last throw of the dice. They need to stay up or they honestly might go under. Might as well go big with your manager in hopes he can keep you afloat. 

I think Monk is a decent manager, but he is dealing with some really dire players. It's a win win for Monk. If Birmingham go down, he can easily say it wasn't his team, and they were doomed when he took over. If he keeps them up, he is their savior who saved their shit season.

Honestly this is all hilarious considering all they had to do was not fire Rowett last season. 

• Haha 1

Had a look at Boro's results when he was there....wildly inconsistant. They'd win a home game and then lose the away game pretty much every time.

Won just 4 out of 12 away games and lost at Wolves, Bristol and Millwall, SHA playing a few of those in the run in.

Boro squad is far better than at SHA. 35 points from 23 games for him at Boro. If we halved that for his 11 games at SHA they end on 46 points.

Conclusion, he'll have to perform significantly better as a manager at SHA than he did at Boro. I'd be impressed if he keeps them up tbh.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Had a look at Boro's results when he was there....wildly inconsistant. They'd win a home game and then lose the away game pretty much every time.

Won just 4 out of 12 away games and lost at Wolves, Bristol and Millwall, SHA playing a few of those in the run in.

Boro squad is far better than at SHA. 35 points from 23 games for him at Boro. If we halved that for his 11 games at SHA they end on 46 points.

Conclusion, he'll have to perform significantly better as a manager at SHA than he did at Boro. I'd be impressed if he keeps them up tbh.

Monks a weird one. Done progressively worse at each club

swansea was successful then flopped after a season or so

leeds did well for 3/4 of seasons then flopped

boro started well for few months th3n flopped

at sty flops at start and then relegateds them

the best thing would be he does worse than Cotterill and they are stuck with him fi4 three seasons !

• Like 1

He did well ish at Leeds. They seem to be a bit like Derby, got close or in the play offs then collapse after xmas. Guess it's the pressure of playing/managing that club. Same has happened this season.

Swansea they finished 8th didn't they in his only full season? Kept them up after they let Laudrup.

They were on a poor run when he was sacked but that was two and a half years ago and it's not like they've improved significantly in that time, we'll see if Carvahal can keep up this good form next season.

He's like so many managers, just needs to find a stable club rather than taking on basketcase clubs all the time. Same for Chris Coleman. Guess Boro was that club but it didn't happen there.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â