Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I don’t think they need as many as 6 wins. 

Not this again.Five then?

There's no way 45 points keeps you up and remember in any case SHA have worst GD aside from Burton.

Key games Hull have left (33 points):            

Millwall at home (1)

Norwich at home (3)

Ipswich away (3)

SHA away (1)

QPR home (3)

Sheff Weds home (1)

Burton away (3)

15 points from that lot so Hull on 48 points.

Barnsley have 32 points. Key games left:

Norwich at home (1)

Millwall at home (3)

Forest away (3)

Ipswich away (1)

Bolton home (3)

Leeds away (1)

Brentford home (3)

15 points from that lot.

Bolton have 34 points:

Reading away (3)

Sheff Weds away (1)

Leeds away (1)

SHA at home (3)

Millwall at home (1)

FInal two games are Burton away and Forest home which looks pretty comfortable to me. 4 points there for them surely so I'll give them another 13 points.

That's why I think they need 6 wins as can see Barnsley, Hull and Bolton all ending up in the 45-48 point range.

In SHA's position they can't exactly draw their way to safety, they need to go out and actually win games.

If we saw Burton and Sunderland going down who do you think is the third relegated team then Bobzy?

Edited by VillaChris

Monks a madman taking that role he could get another job that isnt career suicide if he waits.

They are broke, have a shit squad cant score and their owners are not supportive or around to offer any support.

Their problems run deeper than cotterill.  4th manager in 12 months

My guess at what SHA will do in their remaining games:

Boro (H) Draw

Cardiff (A)- LOSS

Hull (H)- Draw

Ipswich (H)- Win

Bolton (A)- LOSS

Burton (H)- Win

Wolves away- 4-0 defeat.

Bristol City (A)- Win

Sheffield United (H)- Draw

QPR (A)- Win

Fulham (H)- Loss. Fulham will probably still be in the mix with us for second.

Been generous and given them 5 wins and 3 draws from their final 11 so they finish on 45 points. I honestly think that will still relegate them.

Gives the scale of the task for Monk anyway, they win three of their six pointer games and it's still not enough to keep them up.

There is just no way Monk is going to take this job, surely?

...unless he is just out to make as much money as possible in as short a space if time. Good for the old bank balance but long term it is a career killer and a slippy slope.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Not this again.Five then?

There's no way 45 points keeps you up and remember in any case SHA have worst GD aside from Burton.

Key games Hull have left (33 points):            

Millwall at home (1)

Norwich at home (3)

Ipswich away (3)

SHA away (1)

QPR home (3)

Sheff Weds home (1)

Burton away (3)

15 points from that lot so Hull on 48 points.

Barnsley have 32 points. Key games left:

Norwich at home (1)

Millwall at home (3)

Forest away (3)

Ipswich away (1)

Bolton home (3)

Leeds away (1)

Brentford home (3)

15 points from that lot.

Bolton have 34 points:

Reading away (3)

Sheff Weds away (1)

Leeds away (1)

SHA at home (3)

Millwall at home (1)

FInal two games are Burton away and Forest home which looks pretty comfortable to me. 4 points there for them surely so I'll give them another 13 points.

That's why I think they need 6 wins as can see Barnsley, Hull and Bolton all ending up in the 45-48 point range.

In SHA's position they can't exactly draw their way to safety, they need to go out and actually win games.

If we saw Burton and Sunderland going down who do you think is the third relegated team then Bobzy?

Your results are incredibly favourable to really, very average teams.  Let’s take Barnsley for example. They are heading to Forest, Ipswich, Leeds and playing Brentford at home... and are going to not only be unbeaten over those fixtures, but are going to take 8 points? Bear in mind three of those games are away and, in the reverse fixtures, they only took 4 points.

At the moment, going from the bottom of the league, you have to make it up to 17th (Sheff Wed) before you meet a team who has more points than games played. Yet, you’re thinking to be safe in the league, the team lying 21st will need to have 2 more points than games played? That’s a remarkable turnaround of form for a LOT of teams. It isn’t happening.

It’s tough to call on points, but if Blues manage to win 4 games, I’d fancy them to stay up. Originally I said you’d need 47 points to stay up - I think it may turn out to be 44. 

Edit: oh, and probably Barnsley. Between them, Bolton and Blues. 

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Been generous and given them 5 wins and 3 draws from their final 11 so they finish on 45 points. I honestly think that will still relegate them.

That’s 18 points, which would put them on 48. 

Edit: you’ve given them 4 wins, i see :). I think that run of form is both unlikely and enough to see them safe!

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Your results are incredibly favourable to really, very average teams.  Let’s take Barnsley for example. They are heading to Forest, Ipswich, Leeds and playing Brentford at home... and are going to not only be unbeaten over those fixtures, but are going to take 8 points? Bear in mind three of those games are away and, in the reverse fixtures, they only took 4 points.

At the moment, going from the bottom of the league, you have to make it up to 17th (Sheff Wed) before you meet a team who has more points than games played. Yet, you’re thinking to be safe in the league, the team lying 21st will need to have 2 more points than games played? That’s a remarkable turnaround of form for a LOT of teams. It isn’t happening.

It’s tough to call on points, but if Blues manage to win 4 games, I’d fancy them to stay up. Originally I said you’d need 47 points to stay up - I think it may turn out to be 44. 

Edit: oh, and probably Barnsley. Between them, Bolton and Blues. 

Barnsley just taken 5 points from their last three, Sheff Weds, SHA and Hull. Two away games. One thing you're forgetting here, they have a goalscorer which is usually gold dust in a relegation battle, McBurnie's scored 4 in his last three.

TBH I just look at all these teams playing likes of Millwall and Norwich as home games in the run in and just simply think they'll win those as they are mid table teams with little to play for so won't left a leg. Bolton got a 0-0 at Norwich just last week, would they have got that start of the season?

TBH Bobzy you've been blackmarked since that Bournemouth relegation prediction. ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

There is just no way Monk is going to take this job, surely?

...unless he is just out to make as much money as possible in as short a space if time. Good for the old bank balance but long term it is a career killer and a slippy slope.

He is a fool if he does take it.

He or any other manager has to just look at their board, and their history with managers.

It doesn't matter if you exceed expectations like Rowett, you will still get sacked. It doesn't matter if you are a big name like Rednads either. I know he is shit, but as a name he is well known. For a naïve board looking to boost their image, he is a big name and to them, his superpower of causing clubs to financially implode is a risk that they were prepared to take. Being a big name wont save you either.

Next to consider is the fans. If fans don't agree with the job you are doing, they will slate you on every social media outlet available. But, these cretins don't just stop there. They will threaten you. They will jump the fence and confront you. They will throw things at you. You might be man enough to handle it, but I doubt the kids will whenever they are released into the public without their parent's protection.

Next, look at what he inherits. A squad that is in rivalry within itself, Harry's millionaires versus the old guard paupers. Have fun motivating a team out of that rabble, especially if Harry's special picks don't even justify their wages. If you are a manager that looks forward to walking into a dressing room like that, then maybe whips, chains, and terminal clamps attached to your nipples excite you too. This is also the squad you will be stuck with. Good luck in trying to offload some of this dead weight on bloated Harry wages. We ourselves are stuck with Richards until 2019, but they have more than half a team of Micahs on their books. Oh yes, also, forget about the transfer windows, because they haven't got any money. They are already in the red from sacking all your predecessors, so forget about that notion of building a team.

Don't be a fool, Garry.

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Barnsley just taken 5 points from their last three, Sheff Weds, SHA and Hull. Two away games. One thing you're forgetting here, they have a goalscorer which is usually gold dust in a relegation battle, McBurnie's scored 4 in his last three.

TBH I just look at all these teams playing likes of Millwall and Norwich as home games in the run in and just simply think they'll win those as they are mid table teams with little to play for so won't left a leg. Bolton got a 0-0 at Norwich just last week, would they have got that start of the season?

TBH Bobzy you've been blackmarked since that Bournemouth relegation prediction. ;)

Sheff Wed, Blues and Hull are all at the wrong end of the table. They’re just not the same calibre. I’m not saying that I think Blues stay up here btw - I just think they need fewer than 6 more wins. I can’t see any of the teams around them winning 6 games!

And still time for Bournemouth to get sucked into the scrap again ;)

It looks like they have a few of our promotion rivals to play in their run in, dare I say I hope they win all of those games. Yes I do. Haha

well at least the Cardiff, Wolves and Fulham games, they can lose the rest.

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, NeilS said:

It looks like they have a few of our promotion rivals to play in their run in, dare I say I hope they win all of those games. Yes I do. Haha

well at least the Cardiff, Wolves and Fulham games, they can lose the rest.

Knowing them, they'll lose all of those games but absolutely smash everyone else.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â