Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's funny that they think the stadium is going to be the key to them becoming a big club, when the reality is if they actually did spend £2bn on a stadium (which I don't personally think will happen), the cost of paying that off would be such a huge burden that it would hold the club back for years. Probably decades

Nah, you’re forgetting that it’ll take all the big music and boxing events away from Wembley. The FA will probably start playing cup finals and England games there as it’s a “super” stadium and Wembley can’t compete. They’ll be swimming in cash. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Nah, you’re forgetting that it’ll take all the big music and boxing events away from Wembley. The FA will probably start playing cup finals and England games there as it’s a “super” stadium and Wembley can’t compete. They’ll be swimming in cash. 

They - as in investors of the hedge fund.

Yes.

Mate.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Wow. They really have bought into the Knighthead vaporware haven't they?

They do seem to be getting carried away having won 7 of 8 games in League 1. There is a massive drop in quality between the Championship and League 1 - assuming they make it back up this season they will struggle in the Championship (as they have for years). 

The talk of a new stadium for them is a pipe dream. All that they really have from the wheels site is an unlimited supply of Japanese Knotweed. 

"owners that have ambitions above theirs"

**** me, are they talking about competing in a galaxy league against teams from teams Orions Belt or something? 

47 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's funny that they think the stadium is going to be the key to them becoming a big club, when the reality is if they actually did spend £2bn on a stadium (which I don't personally think will happen), the cost of paying that off would be such a huge burden that it would hold the club back for years. Probably decades

Well and also, and I know this is not a new observation, but where are these 60,000 fans coming from?* Did they even sell out every week in the Prem in their current stadium?

Spoiler

*It's a trick question, we all know the answers are 'JLR and the Bull Ring Tavern, any minute now, honest mate'

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well and also, and I know this is not a new observation, but where are these 60,000 fans coming from?* Did they even sell out every week in the Prem in their current stadium?

Hide contents

*It's a trick question, we all know the answers are 'JLR and the Bull Ring Tavern, any minute now, honest mate'

Quite. I mean even if they did have a monumental rise up the leagues and became a champions league club, we've seen ourselves that you don't suddenly get tens of thousands more fans coming out of the woodwork at games.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Does he think “shitting on the city” means literally shitting on the city of Birmingham? 😂😂

As opposed to the football team called City?

I've shat in Birmingham many, many times. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

They genuinely think they'll have Taylor Swift turning up and playing there as soon as it opens.

It will be a big test as plenty of big bands/artists skip the Midlands area now. You also have the NIA and NEC as the established entertainment arenas to compete against.

We've just had the Foos and Take That in consecutive summers and income from that hasn't helped us much with PSR so it is naïve if they think a new stadium is just goint to catapult them into top 6 prem contention without needing to do much else.

Man. City have had a whole state bankrolling them for the last 15 years so that's not really a valid comparison. 

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They genuinely think they'll have Taylor Swift turning up and playing there as soon as it opens.

It will be a big test as plenty of big bands/artists skip the Midlands area now. You also have the NIA and NEC as the established entertainment arenas to compete against.

We've just had the Foos and Take That in consecutive summers and income from that hasn't helped us much with PSR so it is naïve if they think a new stadium is just goint to catapult them into top 6 prem contention without needing to do much else.

Man. City have had a whole state bankrolling them for the last 15 years so that's not really a valid comparison. 

They're far more likely to have big music acts playing there than they will having 60,000 birmingham fans there

Personally I think it would be quite embarassing to be filling your stadium for the latest JLS reunion but following it up with 12k fans in it for a BSM trophy fixture against Scunthorpe

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

they don't have a development squad to produce the next St Jood (No.22 gawd bless).

This is very true , I’ve seen every age group in their Academy some of which were very recent ( our u15s beat them 7-0 Tuesday)  , they have very little in terms of real individual standout quality at any age group all the way down to u9s , the top staff have upped and gone over the last few years , yes a few may go back in time with the wages they are throwing around but that still won’t take away the fact that is their Academy needs a complete overhaul , i can only put the current level as an equal to Walsall / Shrewsbury , now this is nothing against those Academies just a guide of where they are and how far they are away . There is no quick fix to this ,it will take years of high level staff recruitment, GR scouting alongside millions of pounds investment buying talent from National recruitment. Only then are you competing. 

I sometimes wonder, under what category would a City fan really think they are superior to Villa?

Titles? Nope. History? Nope. Current positions? Nope. Head to Head? Nope. Attendance? Nope. Stadium? At least currently, nope. Players who have become internationals? Nope. Famous fans? Nope. Age of club. Nope. Times stadium has been used for internationals and FA Cup Semis? Nope.

I can't work out what, if we're seriously honestly and even unbiased, they could possibly argue for superiority.

They are so insignificant that I don't really understand why, other than geography, we're even rivals. Even if we just limit it to West Midlands, WBA and Wolves have been far more successful than Blues. A few wins

Furthermore, such is the extreme gulf in the two clubs, now I'm in my 40s I highly doubt there is even time for them to ever be considered a bigger club than us in my life time. We could plummet, they could rise, but you'd need another 150 years before it could even be considered close!

Wolves, West Brom, Leicester, Forest are all way bigger than they are. Derby and Stoke are a little bigger than them. They probably compete with Coventry. And everyone is bigger than Walsall!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

I sometimes wonder, under what category would a City fan really think they are superior to Villa?

Titles? Nope. History? Nope. Current positions? Nope. Head to Head? Nope. Attendance? Nope. Stadium? At least currently, nope. Players who have become internationals? Nope. Famous fans? Nope. Age of club. Nope. Times stadium has been used for internationals and FA Cup Semis? Nope.

I can't work out what, if we're seriously honestly and even unbiased, they could possibly argue for superiority.

They are so insignificant that I don't really understand why, other than geography, we're even rivals. Even if we just limit it to West Midlands, WBA and Wolves have been far more successful than Blues. A few wins

Furthermore, such is the extreme gulf in the two clubs, now I'm in my 40s I highly doubt there is even time for them to ever be considered a bigger club than us in my life time. We could plummet, they could rise, but you'd need another 150 years before it could even be considered close!

Wolves, West Brom, Leicester, Forest are all way bigger than they are. Derby and Stoke are a little bigger than them. They probably compete with Coventry. And everyone is bigger than Walsall!

They would say the Zulus but that often did not end happily for them either, especially on derby day 

3 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

We have to win a trophy soon though. Out of the two teams, them winning a trophy more recently than us is **** absurd.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

See Arsenal, took them what, 15 years to get back to anything resembling a competitive state and the Emirates cost "only" £390m. Spending £2bn on a stadium would be a lead weight that dragged them down for decades

3 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

You say that but they’ve won a major trophy more recently than us. We need that to change asap 

• Like 1

Dear God, they have a topic over there titled ceiling. I honestly read it dumbfounded. Some of them honestly believe they are going to be bigger than Man City. 
There’s financial experts on there who have studied Villa’s finances in micro detail. However they fail to mention or even acknowledge that Knighthead Capital are one of the poorest performing hedge fund’s operating. They seem to have lost most of their investors money over the last two years. They bought Hertz rental and bought a whole fleet of electric vehicles which bombed and are now having to try and sell 30,000 cars at a third of the purchase price.

The owner has very little personal wealth yet has somehow brainwashed the unwashed into believing they are going to spend £2 billion on a stadium which will catapult them into CL contention. 
They don’t seem to be aware that they are playing in the same league as Burton, Stevenage and Crawley and are proud of calling themselves the Real Madrid of the 3rd division. 
Bless them they really have us rattled.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Erm... they bear the city's name and Aston is just a district. Quite obviously that makes them bigger.

Mate.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

Dear God, they have a topic over there titled ceiling. I honestly read it dumbfounded. Some of them honestly believe they are going to be bigger than Man City. 
There’s financial experts on there who have studied Villa’s finances in micro detail. However they fail to mention or even acknowledge that Knighthead Capital are one of the poorest performing hedge fund’s operating. They seem to have lost most of their investors money over the last two years. They bought Hertz rental and bought a whole fleet of electric vehicles which bombed and are now having to try and sell 30,000 cars at a third of the purchase price.

The owner has very little personal wealth yet has somehow brainwashed the unwashed into believing they are going to spend £2 billion on a stadium which will catapult them into CL contention. 
They don’t seem to be aware that they are playing in the same league as Burton, Stevenage and Crawley and are proud of calling themselves the Real Madrid of the 3rd division. 
Bless them they really have us rattled.

You sound more rattled than a metal drum full of maracas rolling down a hill. 

Mate.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

6 fingers vs 5.

Bolton appear to have confirmed their game against them at St Andrews won’t get moved. Despite it being the same night we play Bologna

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â