Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I saw Karen Carney interviewed yesterday after receiving her OBE.

Bearing in mind she received a huge honour, the reporter asked what she spoke about to Prince William and she genuinely replied, I told him I’ll be cheering on Bayern Munich! 

they are absolutely obsessed! 😂

She’s just a thick bike 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I saw Karen Carney interviewed yesterday after receiving her OBE.

Bearing in mind she received a huge honour, the reporter asked what she spoke about to Prince William and she genuinely replied, I told him I’ll be cheering on Bayern Munich! 

they are absolutely obsessed! 😂

What was the OBE for,

Offering

Blowies (to)

Everyone?

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, flamingsombrero said:

Wow. They really have bought into the Knighthead vaporware haven't they?

There’s enough good stuff going on at Blues to not have to waste energy on them

As someone else mentioned the gap is massive at the moment but we now have the right investment and appointments and are turning the corner and heading in the right direction with owners that have ambitions above theirs.

I honestly think in 3-4 years we will be challenging them and enjoying beating them consistently again.

Knighthead have an amazing opportunity with the Wheels site. Vile Park is constrained. If they redevelop; they lose revenue for a couple of seasons hitting their ability to compete.

Blues are building something great. If the stadium happens we will have a bigger more modern ground attracting world sport events and concerts. They will soon be in our shadow commercially despite the difference in leagues and that gap is getting smaller

They do seem to be getting carried away having won 7 of 8 games in League 1. There is a massive drop in quality between the Championship and League 1 - assuming they make it back up this season they will struggle in the Championship (as they have for years). 

The talk of a new stadium for them is a pipe dream. All that they really have from the wheels site is an unlimited supply of Japanese Knotweed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 years go they had a chance to establish themselves in the prem. Remember them signing all of Melchiot, Jesper Gronkjaer, Heskey and Mikael Forssell while we were scrambling around for Erik Bakke on half season loan.

They got relegated 12 months later as they didn't have the vision to move on Bruce and get a decent european manager in. Then they appointed McLeish and just became a dull yo yo team (although McLeish did ironically give them their best two seasons in the modern era).

Just moving to a new ground dosen't guarantee anything in the modern era. Sunderland haven't played in the prem since 2017 despite being in a 48k ground. Everton won't magically fly up the league moving to BMD, they need to sign 4-5 better players aswell. Spurs have largely stayed the same or got worse positions in the league since the White Hart Lane upgrade. Man. City also stayed roughly the same after moving into their ground in 2003, it was the takeover that got them to the next level.

They come back to the prem eventually and they'll run into the same PSR restraints as everyone else unless it's scrapped by then. 

They do seem to be acting like a new ownership wanting a new ground to bring in more revenue has never been thought of before by any football club, bless 'em.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

Check out Dr Phil’s explanation of why we sing about them 😂

But that sums up what they are. Flat-track bullies and class traitors. Every other club where there is an inbuilt power imbalance in a local rivalry has a rivalry with someone more their size. Look at Man U. When Man C were in the doldrums Utd would rather beat Liverpool than City. Similarly Forest would rather beat Derby County than Notts County. Rangers' closest local rivals are Partick Thistle or Queen's Park. Celtic's used to be Clyde. 

They don't. They want a sense of superiority over someone because they do not want to be minnows. They haven't won a trophy since DVDs became a thing so have to resort to flat-track bullying.

What a load of nonsense 😂 So because we don’t have a ‘rival’ club at a similar level to us, that’s why we feel the need to sing about them. Oh, and also because we haven’t had a trophy for a while. Got it. Bang on. Oh, except for the years when Wolves or Baggies were at a similar level to us, or when Newcastle created a rivalry with us in the Championship, or, actually, come to think of it, there are plenty of clubs whose true rival hasn’t been a league companion with them, such as Rangers when they got booted down or Man City when they were Championship regulars. What a load of bunkum!  😂🤣

Perhaps it’s just that, second to singing about our successes and our team, we also like to sing about how we’re doing better than our rivals 👋😂 Flat track bullying for singing “shit on the city”. That’s got 2024 all over it. Shall we send them a card to apologise if we hurt their feelings? We can address it to Ian & Mo @ Japanese Knotweed Towers.

/rattled!

• Like 1

On 23/09/2024 at 21:05, MrBlack said:

It's quite funny to rebuke a rabid fan of one of our midlands "rivals" by saying you don't really mind them and barely give them a second thought. They can't comprehend how it is possible to not waste half your waking hours hating then. It's funny to watch them fail, but I don't actively hate them, and if the midlands gets reflected glory, then as long as Villa are at the top of they pile, I don't mind what the others have relative success for them.

This is my attitude to them.

My Small Heath supporting brothers find it quite bizarre that I don't hate them & have normal footballing conversations, both positive & negative, with them about Small Heath

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They come back to the prem eventually 

I'm not so sure they will. I can't see them getting past being a Championship/League 1 yoyo club for quite some time. If they get promoted this year, PSR will hit them hard in the Championship.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Bad times at Villa. We might not actually win the Champions league best pack it up now.

What if we win the champions league but then don’t win the world club cup? As you say, best we jack it in now to save ourselves the heartache.

Even if they ever get back to the Prem, we all know the reality is that there are leagues within this one. What we've achieved since getting promoted is nearly unprecedented in the modern Champions League era. Only Newcastle have been relegated, promoted, then got into the Champions League within a few seasons, and they had a far stronger squad than we did.

Just to catch up to us they need to generate revenues far exceeding anything they have done in their history. It's all well and good having wealthy owners (if that's even true is unknown), but the nearest guarantee to long term success is to bring more money in than everyone else. Blues are light years away from every Premier League team in doing this, and more than half of the Championship teams. Look at Newcastle with PIF, even with all that money they're miles away from the elite clubs. Another major factor is having the right manager and support staff when you get here. It counts for so much. We've been really lucky with Unai. 

You then have the quality of the playing staff. Most newly promoted teams do not have the squad to survive, even when adding tens, or even hundreds, of millions pounds worth of players. Even standing still in recruitment means falling behind everyone else. The gap in quality between the PL and champ has never been wider.

Finally, the other way clubs make a lot of money is through selling youngsters or star players. The chances of this happening for them is nil, they don't have a development squad to produce the next St Jood (No.22 gawd bless).

The odds are totally against the scum ever being a consistent PL midtable team, let alone overtaking us, and impossible to be where the likes of City, Arsenal, and Liverpool are. We shouldn't even waste our time thinking about these, unless we draw them in one of the cups, such is the difference between our positions. This isn't a superiority complex, it's just the nature of modern football with the current financial rules in place.

They live in a fantasy world, surrounded my magical mega-stadiums, vile PSR points deductions, horny siblings, and imaginary hordes of hooligan fans. 

I’m not sure I’ll even be alive to see the day they overtake us.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Even if they ever get back to the Prem, we all know the reality is that there are leagues within this one. What we've achieved since getting promoted is nearly unprecedented in the modern Champions League era. Only Newcastle have been relegated, promoted, then got into the Champions League within a few seasons, and they had a far stronger squad than we did.

Just to catch up to us they need to generate revenues far exceeding anything they have done in their history. It's all well and good having wealthy owners (if that's even true is unknown), but the nearest guarantee to long term success is to bring more money in than everyone else. Blues are light years away from every Premier League team in doing this, and more than half of the Championship teams. Look at Newcastle with PIF, even with all that money they're miles away from the elite clubs. Another major factor is having the right manager and support staff when you get here. It counts for so much. We've been really lucky with Unai. 

You then have the quality of the playing staff. Most newly promoted teams do not have the squad to survive, even when adding tens, or even hundreds, of millions pounds worth of players. Even standing still in recruitment means falling behind everyone else. The gap in quality between the PL and champ has never been wider.

Finally, the other way clubs make a lot of money is through selling youngsters or star players. The chances of this happening for them is nil, they don't have a development squad to produce the next St Jood (No.22 gawd bless).

The odds are totally against the scum ever being a consistent PL midtable team, let alone overtaking us, and impossible to be where the likes of City, Arsenal, and Liverpool are. We shouldn't even waste our time thinking about these, unless we draw them in one of the cups, such is the difference between our positions. This isn't a superiority complex, it's just the nature of modern football with the current financial rules in place.

And isn't their current spending underwritten by the fact that they sponsored their own stadium by numbers ridiculously outside of market value for a shitty little League One club?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â