Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Going to have to go and kick next door's dog.

Why? They are a complete and utter irrelevance to us. Absolute light years separate us and them. They'll celebrate beating Wrexham in League One as the biggest moment of their season - Wrexham ffs. 

In a couple of weeks, we play Bayern **** Munich at home, with our Ballon D'or nominated goalkeeper, England's Euro semi final hero, countless internationals and one of the best managers in world football. 

Mate

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I don't think people saw them spending quite that much money. They've just bust the finances of the league wide open. It'll catch up with them next year of course. 

They've gambled the momentum of going up this year will carry through to next year like it did Ipswich. I think Stansfield aside I'm not sure too many will make an impact at top end championship so guess they'll rely more on the loan market next season as they can't keep making 10m + signings due to FFP.

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think people were comparing it to when we signed all of Kodj, McCormack and Hogan within six months. Only Kodj was any good, the other two totally flopped.

May and Stansfield will easily score 50 between them I reckon. If they hadn't signed Stansfield then they could've struggled if May picks up an injury (and he is early 30s).

they signed Lyndon Dykes as well who should be ok in that league as backup

• Shocked 1

At 1-1 I was hopeful of a Wrexham win.

I’ve just checked the score (I’m not watching League One football) and for one second I was disappointed they were winning. Then I remembered we have our Champions League game tomorrow 🏆😁

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

At 1-1 I was hopeful of a Wrexham win.

I’ve just checked the score (I’m not watching League One football) and for one second I was disappointed they were winning. Then I remembered we have our Champions League game tomorrow 🏆😁

I had to turn it off at HT as it was so shit.

• Like 2

Did I just see a Wrexham player tried to bite someone? LOL, this is great, what entertainment.

And now McClean antagonizing the fans. Man, this is a full-on carnival.

And a second yellow on just an insanely stupid tackle.

Edited by 479Villan

40 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Biggest League 1 game ever apparently. How come Sunderland have had a 46,039 attendance and Leeds 38,256 then? 

They're counting the half a million noses in the square peg.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, andym said:

From watching the wrexham doc, thats not a surprise; it all seems rather cliched old fashioned english coaching - most team talks just seem to be variations of 'get stuck in'.

Lots of goals last season from long balls or crosses and relying on mullin (or the other expensive players they signed) being a cut above the defenders.

And a lot of overly used pointless swearing.

Don't get me wrong, I like a good swear word, but it's every other word with Parkinson.

Small Heath will go up. They look pretty strong for that level.

I genuinely don't understand the Brady love in though. Unless he has purchased more, doesn't he only own about 3 pence worth of their shares?

Which means that unless they really are worthless, he must have one of the smallest ownership investments in world football.

So this irritating cult of personality nonsense between two clubs who literally nobody would give a shit about without the likes of Brady pretending to be an owner, along with the other ones being the faces of a Disney experiment, really bothers me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy_10 said:

So this irritating cult of personality nonsense between two clubs who literally nobody would give a shit about without the likes of Brady pretending to be an owner, along with the other ones being the faces of a Disney experiment, really bothers me. 

I never gave a shit about the Wrexham story, I already had well sorted what club had chosen me when they came on scene. And I still have not seen a Wrexham jersey in real life here, it's the strangest thing. It's a reality show, but I don't think it's moving a needle here. Nobody is going out of their way to subscribe to League One team broadcasts. I get the notion of "Let's watch this famous person try to build something great" but this could also be a show about Reynolds building a gin company, or Clooney's tequila company, or whatever. It's a sideshow piece, a way to see someone famous for one thing try to do a completely different thing. Like "Undercover Boss" almost.

• Like 2

To be fair Wrexham were always a league one sized club but years of mismanagement meant they were in the national league. Now they're just back to where they have usually been and I doubt the actors have the funds to attempt to crack the championship

5 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

To be fair Wrexham were always a league one sized club but years of mismanagement meant they were in the national league. Now they're just back to where they have usually been and I doubt the actors have the funds to attempt to crack the championship

I think they will have a go at promotion but it might take a few seasons.

Getting out of the Championship though is a whole different animal. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â