Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

13 hours ago, Shev said:

Wycombe fan here. I wrote this article for our most recent fanzine, and thought some on here might like it too. I wrote it before the start of the season, hence the perspective:

BIRMINGHAM LINE UP NEW MANAGER IN CASE OF SUCCESS 

Birmingham City are evidently becoming increasingly concerned that they will start the League One season well, and have lined up a replacement boss in case they are anywhere near the top of the league after ten games. 

The Bluenoses’ massive summer spending recruitment - together with their ‘big club’ status for the division - has led their ownership to be worried that they might achieve great things, with many bookies making them favourites for promotion, and the club is trying to pre-empt any kind of blistering opening salvo by having a soothing balm of mediocrity in place as a backup plan. 

The 23/24 season in the Championship left them a decision to make early as John Eustace took them to 6th in the table, an untenable position that was only rectified once the club binned him off for Wayne Rooney, who used every ounce (one, officially) of his managerial talent to reverse the trajectory extremely quickly. This sequence bore striking similarities to the 2016-17 season, when Gary Rowett blindsided the owners by getting the team to 7th in the table, earning his pink slip in favour of the massively famous Giafranco Zola, who safely steered the ship into an iceberg with two wins in twenty-two games. 

With Birmingham already unimpressed that Chris Davies is not a household name, history may rhyme with itself for the club once more. Anxious to prove the old proverb that “those who repeat the same things again and again are clever clogs”, the St. Andrews club will look to hire a huge star with no real management success like Frank Lampard, Gary Neville or Jamie Carragher, should they find themselves picking up points too rapidly. 

“We are looking for people who know what it takes to win,” said major investor Tom Brady, the seven-time NFL champion. “People who have played at a high level like Wayne, Frank or Gary know all about competing, about adversity, and about how to push on to that next level. Jamie Carragher has played football too.” 

When pressed on why a star player can make the transition to management better than someone who is already a seasoned coach, Brady continued to say the same American sporting buzzwords like ‘compete’, ‘adversity’ and ‘winner’ with some linking words in between, until it got dark out and we needed to catch our Uber back to the offices. 

Known as ‘Project Swandive’ internally, the club are confident that they have sufficiently planned for any possible ambush of success, and will be able to work downwards through the division with their new hire at the helm if needed. 

UPDATE: In related news, the club has hired a demolition crew far in advance of the construction of their new proposed stadium, so that they can knock it down immediately if it begins to look too impressive.

Consider yourself lucky. When they're winning the CL in a few years time you can say "I was there" at the start of the journey.

13 hours ago, Shev said:

Wycombe fan here. I wrote this article for our most recent fanzine, and thought some on here might like it too. I wrote it before the start of the season, hence the perspective:

BIRMINGHAM LINE UP NEW MANAGER IN CASE OF SUCCESS 

Birmingham City are evidently becoming increasingly concerned that they will start the League One season well, and have lined up a replacement boss in case they are anywhere near the top of the league after ten games. 

The Bluenoses’ massive summer spending recruitment - together with their ‘big club’ status for the division - has led their ownership to be worried that they might achieve great things, with many bookies making them favourites for promotion, and the club is trying to pre-empt any kind of blistering opening salvo by having a soothing balm of mediocrity in place as a backup plan. 

The 23/24 season in the Championship left them a decision to make early as John Eustace took them to 6th in the table, an untenable position that was only rectified once the club binned him off for Wayne Rooney, who used every ounce (one, officially) of his managerial talent to reverse the trajectory extremely quickly. This sequence bore striking similarities to the 2016-17 season, when Gary Rowett blindsided the owners by getting the team to 7th in the table, earning his pink slip in favour of the massively famous Giafranco Zola, who safely steered the ship into an iceberg with two wins in twenty-two games. 

With Birmingham already unimpressed that Chris Davies is not a household name, history may rhyme with itself for the club once more. Anxious to prove the old proverb that “those who repeat the same things again and again are clever clogs”, the St. Andrews club will look to hire a huge star with no real management success like Frank Lampard, Gary Neville or Jamie Carragher, should they find themselves picking up points too rapidly. 

“We are looking for people who know what it takes to win,” said major investor Tom Brady, the seven-time NFL champion. “People who have played at a high level like Wayne, Frank or Gary know all about competing, about adversity, and about how to push on to that next level. Jamie Carragher has played football too.” 

When pressed on why a star player can make the transition to management better than someone who is already a seasoned coach, Brady continued to say the same American sporting buzzwords like ‘compete’, ‘adversity’ and ‘winner’ with some linking words in between, until it got dark out and we needed to catch our Uber back to the offices. 

Known as ‘Project Swandive’ internally, the club are confident that they have sufficiently planned for any possible ambush of success, and will be able to work downwards through the division with their new hire at the helm if needed. 

UPDATE: In related news, the club has hired a demolition crew far in advance of the construction of their new proposed stadium, so that they can knock it down immediately if it begins to look too impressive.

DWB

mate

In regards to that dumbass tweetbeef above. The nose admin trying the "best in the family" stuff between Peyton and Eli, fails to mention that Brady family consists of 3 older sisters.

And that he is 0-2 against Eli in the Superbowl

They really cant help themselves.

a

Edited by Tegis

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Brady is proppa blues mate. Was down the Tavern earlier and he ordered 1000's of us double whisky chasers. No Vilers in site. KRO. Mate.

Brady has all the personality God gave a carrot.

And he looks like he's in a hostage video based on that still frame.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tegis said:

In regards to that dumbass tweetbeef above. The nose admin trying the "best in the family" stuff between Peyton and Eli, fails to mention that Brady family consists of 3 older sisters.

And that he is 0-2 against Eli in the Superbowl

They really cant help themselves.

a

How is this a thing that two English football clubs are beefing about? It might as well be written in Albanian as far as the average fan is concerned.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

How is this a thing that two English football clubs are beefing about? It might as well be written in Albanian as far as the average fan is concerned.

This is solely for US marketing. I have no idea why Wrexham is engaging with Blooose at all. I guess Wrexham are looking for a way to pump their US engagement figures or whatever, but I still have yet to see a Wrexham kit in the wild here. And I saw Ipswich kits 7 years ago. In Arkansas.

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

26 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

This is solely for US marketing. I have no idea why Wrexham is engaging with Blooose at all. I guess Wrexham are looking for a way to pump their US engagement figures or whatever, but I still have yet to see a Wrexham kit in the wild here. And I saw Ipswich kits 7 years ago. In Arkansas.

Was a rumour both sides wanted move this game to the US. Obviously working together for some reason

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

Yeah, and I don't believe that rumor. At the time it seemed dubious.

Nobody here is clamoring to see Wrexham vs. Birmingham City. It is mid-September, college and NFL football is back. The eyes are elsewhere.

I'm trying to think of places where they could play that game and draw a soccer crowd. Outside of Portland, I'm not sure of one: because people in Portland will show up to watch a soccer ball get blown around by the wind, god bless them.

MAYBE in LA? But you better have Ryan Reynolds there, and his wife, and both better be nude for a protracted period of time so the crowd can take photos and you're catering to all interests there. A buffet of pubis, if you will. Other than that? yeah, no, we're all busy. We have other things to watch.

Well it was probably a publicity stunt but for me it seems both clubs are working together especially with this "beef"

17 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Brady is proppa blues mate. Was down the Tavern earlier and he ordered 1000's of us double whisky chasers. No Vilers in site. KRO. Mate.

Desperate for traction. Very cringe. It'll be a few weeks and he'll be dressed as a peaky blinder. 

• Haha 2

Tomorrows game is going to be a very weird celebrity occasion - Brady, Reynolds, Reynolds mate, Will Ferrell, it's a peculiar collection of American celebs - they've closed off a car park to use as a helicopter pad and are going to milk it for all it's worth.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â