Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

I remember what it took as an American to watch the League One final when Swindon were in it (friend here is from Wiltshire). I remember watching some shut-in Moors fan nursing a pint the whole trip from New Street to Euston last year, knowing he was probably saving the last 4 ounces in that bottle for the 50 minute tube ride he had remaining to get to Wembley.

I say all that, to agree that them making the playoff final, and losing, would probably make me snicker in my house, before I resumed working on the crossword that day.

TL;DR: "Get ****, not that i care"

• Like 2

23 hours ago, 479Villan said:

I remember what it took as an American to watch the League One final when Swindon were in it (friend here is from Wiltshire). I remember watching some shut-in Moors fan nursing a pint the whole trip from New Street to Euston last year, knowing he was probably saving the last 4 ounces in that bottle for the 50 minute tube ride he had remaining to get to Wembley.

Point of order: 

In UK terms, 'a pint' always refers to a large glass of beer, never a bottle of whisky (which is never measured in ounces, either). 

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Point of order: 

In UK terms, 'a pint' always refers to a large glass of beer, never a bottle of whisky (which is never measured in ounces, either). 

It was a 16 ounce (looking) brown glass bottle of some fruity beer I can’t recall. So I called it that. 

This guy wasn’t made of strong  enough stuff to be hitting the hard stuff straight. Although I would refer to those as half-pints or pints for “travel size” libations due to volume here in the US. 

I don’t know what you’d call them there? But would love to know!

Edited by 479Villan

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Another win against relegation fodder, like last week.

spacer.png

They got more pleasure from watching us lose rather than them beating.....erm....rochdale....or Romford...or whoever they proppa took to the cleaners. Mate.

People genuinely shocked they're actually winning games when they've spent a small fortune at that level? Good news is Charlton, Huddersfield, Wrexham and Peterborough have all started very well so automatic promotion isn't going to be a walk in the park at all, they're just edging games currently because they've got better attacking players than the opposition.

Anyway had a quick look at their forum as surprise surprise we lose and there's a thread on it and this gem sums up the current situation in 2024 perfectly:

They're playing in the best league in the world and in the best cup competition in the world.

We, we are in the 3rd division, playing Fulhams Under 21s team in October.

👍

Mate.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

People genuinely shocked they're actually winning games when they've spent a small fortune at that level? Good news is Charlton, Huddersfield, Wrexham and Peterborough have all started very well so automatic promotion isn't going to be a walk in the park at all, they're just edging games currently because they've got better attacking players than the opposition.

Anyway had a quick look at their forum as surprise surprise we lose and there's a thread on it and this gem sums up the current situation in 2024 perfectly:

👍

Mate.

My God, there’s some bitter bitter horrible stuff amongst the rest of it though

Jameron Cerome
They're playing in the best league in the world and in the best cup competition in the world.

I got dropped at The Cat & Fiddle, Pheasey at 8.15pm. No way a viler coach would do that In Chelmsley. I win. Blues win. Blues won. Blues fans will enjoy

• Haha 1

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Jameron Cerome

I got dropped at The Cat & Fiddle, Pheasey at 8.15pm. No way a viler coach would do that In Chelmsley. I win. Blues win. Blues won. Blues fans will enjoy

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it vile

mate

I hate Blose with a passion but no way imo was that a penalty against them.  His hand wasn’t that far away from his body, it was in a natural position and the ball was blasted at him.  Handball rule should be all about intent.

Just now, nick76 said:

I hate Blose with a passion but no way imo was that a penalty against them.  His hand wasn’t that far away from his body, it was in a natural position and the ball was blasted at him.  Handball rule should be all about intent.

gutted like you mate 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â