Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He just turned  31 so havw him until he is 34 on those high wages. Madness and desperation

He’s Jooookie-Lite 😂

Mate.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

One million pounds a year to play in the third tier. One for the Game's Gone thread.

Thats desperation. No matter what their owners say its essential for them to go at 1st attempt 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats desperation. No matter what their owners say its essential for them to go at 1st attempt 

This is so true. That signing confirms it. They can't throw that money at a player and find themselves stuck in the third tier at the end of this season. 

Yeah, he's decent at that level, but he's not going to be any good for them in the Championship, and he's not affordable at that salary in league one when he starts declining. They've gone all or nothing. 

Can't blame them really, we kind of did similar with some of our championship signings to get us promoted. And we were very close to it not working in hindsight. It's a dangerous game to be playing.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

This is so true. That signing confirms it. They can't throw that money at a player and find themselves stuck in the third tier at the end of this season. 

Yeah, he's decent at that level, but he's not going to be any good for them in the Championship, and he's not affordable at that salary in league one when he starts declining. They've gone all or nothing. 

Can't blame them really, we kind of did similar with some of our championship signings to get us promoted. And we were very close to it not working in hindsight. It's a dangerous game to be playing.

I agree. It does seem very "tony xia" to me.  They have gambled on a manager with no experience as a manager. Could work, could not. They would have been better off going for a experienced head like neil as im sure he would have got them up at first attempt 

As for may no other club if they go up is going to pay 16k in league one for a 32 year old as thats how old he will be. They are going to be stuck with a potential shit player for years at championship level if they go up.

It seems very mccormacky to me

Edited by Demitri_C

8 hours ago, rjw63 said:

He’s Jooookie-Lite 😂

Mate.

Na mate you're chatting like a proppa dvb. Alfie makes even better and more intelligent runs than our Scotty H.....so why don't you rattle on back to the Shires and watch us take over league one. Mate.

• Haha 1

So they sign a striker who went there for the wages and not because they're a "proper" club. Lets see the inbreds make some sense of that.

If they have to overpay to get players in then that's doesn't bode well for the future. Signing 30+ year olds with no resale value is even worse, it's not like there's a huge revenue increase from getting back to the championship. They'll end up with a huge squad of over the hill players they can't shift.

Relocation fee £500k

It's 140 miles from Charlton.

Over £3.5k per mile.

Good job he wasn't signed from Brisbane FC!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The comments about xia are right

It's not so much that they're paying him £20k a week it's that they've bought a guy who they think will get them the goals to get them out of league 1...and at 31 years old he's never played at a level above league 1

If he was some young player that they'd spent money on to get him off a PL bench and potentially go on the journey with them then fair enough but not this, this is stupid 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Relocation fee £500k

It's 140 miles from Charlton.

Over £3.5k per mile.

Good job he wasn't signed from Brisbane FC!

That's my favorite bit. I've driven further to catch flights than that.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Another "monster budget signing" some guy called emil hansson for 1.5m

Who ???

Hmmmm Bop

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Who ???

Would be the third highest transfer in League 1 history for a guy who had a pretty good season in the Dutch top flight

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Would be the third highest transfer in League 1 history for a guy who had a pretty good season in the Dutch top flight

Whats the biggest transfer in  league one?

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats the biggest transfer in  league one?

I believe it was the Will Grigg to Sunderland deal which was about 4 million

And a flop

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Small change when you are going to spend £3bn on a new stadium.

Mate. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've driven that far to get wanked off (by an adult female) in a car park. 

The things you do in your 20s

41be6a2789b0b4271aa263df740aebd671bc5a98edd26b4e4cf7e6401800acf4.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I've driven that far to get wanked off (by an adult female) in a car park. 

The things you do in your 20s

Fair play

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â