Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

14 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

You mean the Henley that is in the shires??? 

not in town

not proppa

mate

Ha ha! 

Proppa bloody hypocrites they are mate.

mate

46 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Ranked 456 out of 478 hedge funds, sounds about right! 

Not having a clue about hedge funds but are these losses sustainable?

Maybe one of our financial wizards on here could explain in layman’s terms because the financial experts on SHA are suspiciously silent on the matter.However they are quick to tell everyone that WE are broke.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats disastrous for them.

Our owners ploughed alot of money in to begin with but saw immediate success. They have just got worse. 

I am surprised investors haven’t pulled money out. For supposedly professional financial asset managers to lose 93% of value over 3 years is border line criminal. It looks like they know about as much on how to run a hedge fund as they do a football club

Apparently Knightshead bought Car Hire company Herts with the intention of turning it into an exclusively electric car hire company, and to that end also bought 100,000 teslas, somewhere it went wrong for them and they lost a lot of money. I don't really understand it, but this businesstimes - How Hertz’s bet on Teslas went horribly sideways - link has more details, seems they used Brady as front for that as well

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, punkiller1981 said:

I am surprised investors haven’t pulled money out. For supposedly professional financial asset managers to lose 93% of value over 3 years is border line criminal. It looks like they know about as much on how to run a hedge fund as they do a football club

You think that’s something, if you had just a typical S&P fund for the past 3 years, you’d have grown your investment by 25%. Stock investments get no more basic than that. 

1 hour ago, useless said:

Apparently Knightshead bought Car Hire company Herts with the intention of turning it into an exclusively electric car hire company, and to that end also bought 100,000 teslas, somewhere it went wrong for them and they lost a lot of money. I don't really understand it, but this businesstimes - How Hertz’s bet on Teslas went horribly sideways - link has more details, seems they used Brady as front for that as well

They seem to make terrible decisions. 

I'm all for it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

100,000 teslas available to ferry proppa blues fans from one end of the sports half to the other, mate.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

Apparently Knightshead bought Car Hire company Herts with the intention of turning it into an exclusively electric car hire company, and to that end also bought 100,000 teslas, somewhere it went wrong for them and they lost a lot of money. I don't really understand it, 

I understand it, people don't want an electric car as a rental car. You have to find somewhere to charge it and have massive range anxiety. People want ICE cars as rentals. Fill it up at the airport petrol station and all's good. 

Trying to buy some 30 year old has been striker according to reports. So much for the big budget. 

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

I understand it, people don't want an electric car as a rental car. You have to find somewhere to charge it and have massive range anxiety. People want ICE cars as rentals. Fill it up at the airport petrol station and all's good. 

Trying to buy some 30 year old has been striker according to reports. So much for the big budget. 

In the future, having an electric hire car might be a good option. They're surprisingly quick and nice to drive. Mine easily also has a range of over 200 miles before needing to be charged again.

However, the infrastructure isn't there for hire cars right now. I can charge mine at home via solar panels and then for free at work.

But I've never seen a holiday home with a charging point and I wouldn't want to leave it charging somewhere whilst on holiday and out and about. 

3 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

Nothing left to pull out! (kw)

You either write off your investment or you stick with it and hope it improves 

Alfie May, the prolific marksman has scored twenty or more goals in each of the last three seasons in League One, last season he was top scorer. Their signings so far give little evidence to their fans' idea that they werre going to build a team not only good enough to get promoted, but also to be good enough to challenge for promotion again next season... reminds me of the kind of signings Sunderland were making whilst in the third tier

Edited by useless

1 hour ago, 479Villan said:

You think that’s something, if you had just a typical S&P fund for the past 3 years, you’d have grown your investment by 25%. Stock investments get no more basic than that. 

And the rest! around 45% return over 3 years and 100% over 5 years.

Never get why people go with active/hedge funds.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Alfie May, the prolific marksman has scored twenty or more goals in each of the last three seasons in League One, last season he was top scorer. Their signings so far give little evidence to their fans' idea that they werre going to build a team not only good enough to get promoted, but also to be good enough to challenge for promotion again next season... reminds me of the kind of signings Sunderland were making whilst in the third tier

He will go blose ahrad of Huddersfield thata for sure. These are thw kind of signings they will go for experienced proven players in league one. But then when they go up they are left with a squad thats going to very poor in championship 

They have to worry about getting promoted from League One before they worry about the Championship, at the moment that's not looking like a certainty, maybe will change when they've done their transfer business, but for now they don't look set apart from any number of Championship teams relegated to the third tier

3 hours ago, useless said:

that 100k stadium, are they planning on parking 20k used Teslas ~ 5 seats per car round the Wheels track?, stick a pitch in the middle, ready made 100k seater stadium right there - bosh. I tell you this now, the world will have seen nothing like it since Lightning McQueen won the Piston Cup.

spacer.png

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, useless said:

They have to worry about getting promoted from League One before they worry about the Championship, at the moment that's not looking like a certainty, maybe will change when they've done their transfer business, but for now they don't look set apart from any number of Championship teams relegated to the third tier

Honestly think they will struggle, don’t think they will go down but I think it could be still in the mix probably with 5 to 6 games to go, in other words rinse and repeat the championship years. I doubt we will see them in the Premier League in my lifetime.

Â