Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

£2bn...?, I thought I saw it as £200bn. It's got to accommodate 250 000 dedicated and loyal fans every home game.

Even HS2 is having a purpose built station outside with a mandatory stop for all trains just to allow the passengers to admire and take photos of the "mega wheels stadium of sh!te" or whatever they are going to call it.

.....and no I am not at all rattled.....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I personally am terrified that we will lose out on the half a million pounds a year we earn from major concerts once small heath have completed their £2bn sports quarter project. That thing will pay for itself in 4,000 years and then where will be, hmm?

Mate.

Thats exactly right: those concerts require a bunch of work, resource commitments, and we still screw up concessions apparently if reports are to be believed. I get we probably re-lay the sod every year anyway (so thousands of people trodding on it for several days is no biggie) but there are other revenue streams to capture. 

Like what we would make from fixing the aforementioned concessions for twenty-something home fixtures a year. 

Edited by 479Villan

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

i still dont understand how they have 2b-3b to spend doing all this? They are nowhere as wealthy as our owners but ours wouldnt even dream of spending that amount

Look if a League One club wants to spend billions to build a giant stadium, providing thousands of jobs for years for design, construction, and upkeep, in the city of Birmingham, I’m all for it. 

I’m also all for convincing leprechauns to give up their pots of gold to fill the city’s tax coffers. 

• Haha 4

If it ever does get built it will be like the Montreal Olympic Stadium and a white elephant.  The only time it would be full is the odd concert or the once in a blue moon Villa game!

8 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I see the stand on the left is already complete, whoever the contractor is they have done well to capture the essence of STANS as per the brief, I for one am rattled 

Their first team coach is there too, probably just dropped one of the players off for a day out somewhere nicer than their training ground, like the tip in Oldbury.

9 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Their first team coach is there too, probably just dropped one of the players off for a day out somewhere nicer than their training ground, like the tip in Oldbury.

Well considering their training ground is in Henley-In-Arden, I think you may be slightly wrong there. 🤔

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

i still dont understand how they have 2b-3b to spend doing all this? They are nowhere as wealthy as our owners but ours wouldnt even dream of spending that amount

They don't. Our owners have that in personal wealth, and even they wouldn't spend that much on a stadium. Blues owners personal wealth i'd wager is in the low millions, with the hedge fund they manage worth less than our poorest owner. 

I'm fascinated how they are going to play this. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

They don't. Our owners have that in personal wealth, and even they wouldn't spend that much on a stadium. Blues owners personal wealth i'd wager is in the low millions, with the hedge fund they manage worth less than our poorest owner. 

So i am. Its going to cost them a absolute fortune unless they have a secret billionaire with them that no one knows about

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

I would imagine like they have played everything else since 1875, shite and more shite

36 minutes ago, turnbull said:

Well considering their training ground is in Henley-In-Arden, I think you may be slightly wrong there. 🤔

You mean the Henley that is in the shires??? 

not in town

not proppa

mate

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Genie said:

Even if their owners were legit and making this happen immediately, why would the Villa owners be shitting themselves? It makes no sense.

They might be right. I was laughing at them so hard that I very nearly shat myself.

• Haha 1

Â