Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

7 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

The thing is, all I have to say to them is......1975....maine road.....Fulham.....(and that was only a cup semi final) and off they go, it's their Vietnam 🤣.....but yeah, it's us who live in the past as well as the Shires. Mate.

How many times have I heard that 1975 story?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I had my Minehead weekend away with a lot of Bluenoses. I spent an all day drinking session in a pub beer garden sat next to the most mouthy of them. 

In all fairness it was mostly OK and both groups generally shied away from the elephant in the garden. 

But there was a half hour period where there was constant teasing about us constantly talking about 1982 and Rotterdam where I had to respond with feigned ignorance about what happened then/there and asking them to enlighten me. 

Anyway as this ran it's course he then totally floored me. I couldn't believe it. He said "if it's not 1982 you go on about it's 1957".  OH.... MY.... GOD. I really had to lay into him about being obsessed then. They even know the year of our last FA Cup win. That's not normal?   I'm barely aware they won the League Cup. I could pin it down to the 2000s but no way would I know the year.... And that's just the one single thing I'd have to remember! 

The only other intervention I had to make was when I came back from the bar. You had to run the gauntlet through a large stag doo of totally insane blokes from Bristol. I've never met anyone from Bristol who isn't a little touched but these lot were off the scale.  They tried to get us involved in their whipping game. We only got birthday boy to do it, rolled a dice for 3 lashings on his bare arse. 

Anyway I caught one of the noses trying to explain to their ringleader how the city was Blue and we all lived in the shires (exact phrase, no shitting). So I had to wade into that one. I think I may have also thrown in the biggest divide between any rivalry in football 😂

The only thing that puzzles me is why you (or anyone really) would have small queef "mates" or even acquaintances.

I've pretty much avoided them since the day I left school in 1979.

• Haha 1

Double post, so will just add some quotes from that YT video above:

Well with got some class running out team at last the right man . exciting times KRO I'm over moon

It’s a great appointment he will bring proper tactics along with new ideas and a winning mentality. I know that for sure we just need to give him some time now getting on his back.

It’s a brilliant appointment his been around top clubs will bring fresh n new ideas young hungry manager who’s gonna want to prove why his been at that top level it’s a gamble but hire any manager would of be a gamble but least now it’s not same managers we see week in week out n know there playing style least now we will have a fresh look on tactics n create that new style under a new manager hopefully bring that experience from his Liverpool n Tottenham days all we need now is some fresh players n I think we could fight in this league and come bk to the championship KRO

Good time's ahead..

We might get some player from where he was coaching so he knows who would be good for us

Jay I honestly never heard about him or knew about him till we appointed him mate. But looking at his CV and what other managers are saying and Tom Wagner sounds like Wagner has found a gem of a manager and I'm well happy mate. I've seen spurs fans have said he's like Pep very hands on he's big on mental state of players fitness he gives the youth a chance and got good man management. I can't wait till the fixtures come out and be back down the blues KRO were on our way!

Maybe it’s because you’re from a generation that hasn’t seen the really bad times after all you were only 2 or something when we last went down to third tier. You see I remember the days when the only thing we had over the vile was that we’d never been in the third tier. Your optimism at times is just birding on insanity. Sorry but it is.

I doubt any of these cabbages did morethan the odd day at school in 15 years.:crylaugh:

Edited by rjw63
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

It’s a brilliant appointment his been around top clubs will bring fresh n new ideas young hungry manager who’s gonna want to prove why his been at that top level it’s a gamble but hire any manager would of be a gamble but least now it’s not same managers we see week in week out n know there playing style least now we will have a fresh look on tactics n create that new style under a new manager hopefully bring that experience from his Liverpool n Tottenham days all we need now is some fresh players n I think we could fight in this league and come bk to the championship KRO

spacer.png

I love this comment, can only be read Vicky Pollard style

• Haha 3

In this day and age when people pay so little attention to our planet and recycling, it’s refreshing to see small heath fans are seemingly sharing a full-stop computer key.

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, andykeenan said:

If anyone not seen there season ticket video you’ll laugh at some of the stuff 

By "We’re not going anywhere" I presume they mean staying in Div 1 then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Wurzel said:

By "We’re not going anywhere" I presume they mean staying in Div 1 then?

At least they are being honest with their fans the expectation is not to get promoted and rot in league one

14 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Deffo stay out of town on that day mate

damn was planning a family day out that day, guess we'll have to pick another day to show off our Villa/Celtic half and half scarves.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Seems like a decent guy tbf and a good interview.

Its good that he mentions the amount of delusion at the club - alot of their fans have bought that shite

11 hours ago, MaVilla said:

pretty brutal stuff tbh - talks about the delusion in the team, and how they probably should have been relegated in any of the 8 seasons before, a serious and honest assessment from someone that knows what was going on better than most 

• Like 1

Obsessed small queefs will be regaling each other with tales of Rangers' battle at Villa Park in 1976, as if their own team were there.

They will know exactly how many casualties, how many ran away, how many stood their ground. the score when the match was abandoned, how many plods were drafted in and from which district.

And that it won't happen to da zooooloooos.

Mate.

:crylaugh:

• Haha 3

Â