Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

2 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Apparently they are planning a protest march from The Tavern to the Sty about the owners and EFL 

They will probably be all holding hands and touching knobs whilst singing sotv along the way :wave:

FBr-uoEXEAYA4nT.jpg 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Has anyone actually watched the video? 

She doesn't take off our kit. And the tweet itself says "that's better ;) ". The video doesn't say that as she's taking it off.

I’m taking the original post at face value which might be a mistake in hindsight 

and the evil creeps have the gall to diss us in their video introducing her, basically shows her in a Villa top which then changes to their kit with the phrase 'that's better'.

Is this not what happened? 

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Crappy clubs like sha doing their best to make it something, and to rile up rival fans.

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Recalling her from the loan was also tongue in cheek, obviously was never going to happen. 

It does show sha up for what they are though. 

What they should have done is just welcomed her to the club or even a message thanking Villa for loaning her out. 

Saying “that’s better” as she takes of the rivals kit is really classless from them (it surprises nobody).

I don't understand how you can make these kind of posts without even knowing what you're talking about 😐 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I’m taking the original post at face value which might be a mistake in hindsight 

Unreal :D 

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't understand how you can make these kind of posts without even knowing what you're talking about 😐 

Sometimes it’s fun to believe what other people say.

Edit: I’ve seen it now, her kit changes from Villa to sha with the caption “that’s better” which is what I thought and @useless had said. Why is there a suggestion that was wide of the mark?

This discussion is really weird 

Edited by Genie

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I mean sort of yeah. But your next post was that she was removing a villa shirt and replacing it with a Blues one while it said that's better. Which isn't in the video at all.

They're not even "dissing" us. They've just signed a player and the joke is she looks better in their kit than in ours. Which she does in their eyes, obviously. That's it

It's a really weird thing for people to be so upset about.

"Our club is a **** joke"

"a shameful event in their history"

I mean come on :D 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Sometimes it’s fun to believe what other people say.

Edit: I’ve seen it now, her kit changes from Villa to sha with the caption “that’s better” which is what I thought and @useless had said. Why is there a suggestion that was wide of the mark?

This discussion is really weird 

There's not a suggestion it's wide of the mark....

...but the comments like "SHA doing their best to rile up fans" and "really classless from them" is utterly bonkers (let alone "the club should immediately recall her").  It's a video showing a photo changing from one of her in a Villa kit to one of her in a Blues kit and a caption saying "that's better".  The amount of animosity involved in that is about 0.00005%.

"CLASSLESS"
"RECALL IMMEDIATELY"

**** hell lads.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

There's not a suggestion it's wide of the mark....

...but the comments like "SHA doing their best to rile up fans" and "really classless from them" is utterly bonkers (let alone "the club should immediately recall her").  It's a video showing a photo changing from one of her in a Villa kit to one of her in a Blues kit and a caption saying "that's better".  The amount of animosity involved in that is about 0.00005%.

"CLASSLESS"
"RECALL IMMEDIATELY"

**** hell lads.

It’s certainly nothing to get too excited about but they wouldn’t have done it if they’d signed her or another player from Bolton or Norwich. It’s a little dig (or banter) at Villa / Villa fans which is odd as it’s only a loan. 

Seems like a fun playful harmless bit of social media content. I'm glad we got to discuss it. The women's game really is thriving.

Even though you'd have to pay me to watch it

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It’s certainly nothing to get too excited about but they wouldn’t have done it if they’d signed her or another player from Bolton or Norwich. It’s a little dig (or banter) at Villa / Villa fans which is odd as it’s only a loan. 

Yes, it is.  Well done on them for having a sense of humour.

Why has the video been posted as if it's evidence that it's not that bad, it's literally what I said it was " shows her in a Villa top which then changes to their kit with the phrase 'that's better' " posting the video doesn''t prove me wrong, it shows exactly what I said.

We've loaned them a very good player and the first thing they think of is to use it as an excuse to take an unnecessary swipe at us, if we did the same to another club the same people defending them for doing it would be complaing how 'small time' it was of us, classless and so on, or if we loaned their mens team one of our best academy players, and they did the same style of video, suddenly it wouldn't be okay then.

Also no one is blaming the player herself, I'm pretty sure she didn't edit the video.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The person asking for us to recall a player from their loan, for Christian Purslow to be directly asked about this, and calling our club "a **** joke"... is calling me the dramatic one? :D 

Yet your the one having a tantrum no one else, when they dont agree with you 😂

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, useless said:

Why has the video been posted as if it's evidence that it's not that bad, it's literally what I said it was " shows her in a Villa top which then changes to their kit with the phrase 'that's better' " posting the video doesn''t prove me wrong, it shows exactly what I said.

We've loaned them a very good player and the first thing they think of is to use it as an excuse to take an unnecessary swipe at us, if we did the same to another club the same people defending them for doing it would be complaing how 'small time' it was of us, classless and so on, or if we loaned their mens team one of our best academy players, and they did the same style of video, suddenly it wouldn't be okay then.

Also no one is blaming the player herself, I'm pretty sure she didn't edit the video.

Exactly 💯 

It is small time, and if we did it I'd be saying the same thing.

But they are a small time club, so "scummy club does scummy things" isn't exactly news now is it. I wouldn't want us to stoop to their level.

Yes, its having a dig at the club that loaned them the player, but I agree with @Stevo985 here, its really not worth getting remotely upset about.

Edited by MrBlack

29 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

It's OK when she comes back at the end of the loan our social media can get people dressed up like in chernobyl and hose her down saying Welcome Back.

that would be class!

Â