Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Mm they have probably had a better academy than us in last 10-15 years. Bellingham, Gray, Redmond, Butland all international and had good careers

Redmond actually played for England...wow.

He flattered to deceive in prem for Southampton and Norwich, so did Gray although he scored the odd screamer for Everton. Bannan got Scotland caps while he was here and so did Weimann with Austria and both pretty decent championship players over last decade.

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

To be fair it's easier to bring players through in the Championship, that's our own fault as I feel we never used the loan system well but even Grealish only truly excelled once we were playing there. (Ignoring when he first burst on the scene as many young players do so and are found out). 

Annoying we messed up O'Hare's development the way we did. If we'd given him good loans and starts here and there it's not impossible he might still have been in our squad in 2021 and developed enough to be Grealish internal replacement. Or had him in 20/21 instead of signing Barkley.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The thing that kills me is that as much as I'd love to dislike him, Bellingham seems like a really nice, grounded bloke, even in his interview after winning the CL, it's all about his parents and the sacrifices they made for him. He's a bluenose, but I bloody like him, he's a decent lad.

Grealish, on the other hand, although he does a bit of the old charity, seems like an absolute word removed. 

Yep can't dislike him at all.

He could've moved to Man. United when he was 17 which 99% of young players would've done and then moaned three years later with all their managerial changes. Dortmund was a fantastic stepping stone for him towards Real Madrid in terms of playing infront of big crowds/team with expectations to challenge for trophies.

So great advice and maturity and what he's achieved at Madrid is ridiculous considering the issues even top level British players have settling in abroad. He hasn't just become a good player there, he's effectively the leader with Vinicus Jr in final third now.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

The thing that kills me is that as much as I'd love to dislike him, Bellingham seems like a really nice, grounded bloke, even in his interview after winning the CL, it's all about his parents and the sacrifices they made for him. He's a bluenose, but I bloody like him, he's a decent lad.

Grealish, on the other hand, although he does a bit of the old charity, seems like an absolute word removed. 

I dont like grealish but for all his faults he does good as well. He donated 5k to a villa fans funeral from what i remember - so hw does have a good heart

As for bellingham ive never heard him once talk bad about us which is good

Edited by Demitri_C

3 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

If this mug knew his history the first year of the senior cup final was contested by a team from Wednesbury and one from Wolverhampton. Next year Wednesbury and Shrewsbury. Even a team from bloody Long Eaton in Derbyshire won it one year. Leamington, Solihull all recent winners.

Methinks he's trying to convince them not to answer as they think Stourbridge would probably beat them, being as Stourbridge are the bigger club 

Even if Blues were the only team in the cup, they'd still end up runners up.

Bellingham is just a lot more switched on, more  intelligent and articulate than Jack “best day of my life” Grealish. 

On 01/06/2024 at 12:10, fightoffyour said:

The Small Heath fan will be on Twitter the day after begging any Real Madrid fans still "in town"until the Saturday after to come down and support the Blues in their crucial 6 pointer against Crawley

Ah Feck. I forgot that Crawley being promoted will mean that those inbreds make their way down here once a season. Still be funny for my second team to take 6 points off them each season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Redmond actually played for England...wow.

Yeah, so did Gabby! Standards weren't that high back then

7 hours ago, Oaks said:

Bellingham is just a lot more switched on, more  intelligent and articulate than Jack “best day of my life” Grealish. 

Exactly 

Mind you, I've got an old casio watch from the 80s that would arguably out think Jack

On 31/05/2024 at 22:23, villan-scott said:

Glad to see they haven’t been chewing their new crayons at the sty 😂

They probably still have the ones they used to write to the Evening Mail back in the day.

Like the time they were defending Jermaine Pennant playing with a tag on his ankle.

"I can't understand all the fuss about it, we've all got one in our house, even the staffy. Mate.

Etc etc ....... 

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, picicata said:

Exactly 

Mind you, I've got an old casio watch from the 80s that would arguably out think Jack

If its one of the ones with a little light in the corner then it would absolutely out think Jack.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

New club shop mate - Bigger than bullring mate - 60,000 down stans for the opening mate. 

Two problems: there are two doors there: how are their fans going to know which door is the entrance and which is the exit? Second, I like the way they've used a joined up typeface to write 'Blues Store' (really classes it up): I'm just not sure their fans will be able to read it.

'Who's Blaes Stoze, mate? That the woman our Terry married?'

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Also, Bellingham seems fairly bright. Grealish… erm, not so much.

39 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Two problems: there are two doors there: how are their fans going to know which door is the entrance and which is the exit? Second, I like the way they've used a joined up typeface to write 'Blues Store' (really classes it up): I'm just not sure their fans will be able to read it.

'Who's Blaes Stoze, mate? That the woman our Terry married?'

it is proppa joined up writing though mate 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Yeah, so did Gabby! Standards weren't that high back then

Gabby between 2006-10 hit double figures every season for us and was a key part of a top 6 side. Redmond never got close to those heights. I actually thought he got capped when he was at Norwich given that was when England were giving loads of caps to young players.

All I can remember from him at Southampton was Guardiola going up to him after the final whistle of a game and telling him to believe in himself more.

3 hours ago, pas5898 said:

New club shop mate - Bigger than bullring mate - 60,000 down stans for the opening mate. 

Plush 👌🏼

Spoiler

My good friend.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Multi purpose! Vile ain't got that mate! I wonder if it means it'll be closed for several weeks around Christmas and instead it will be full of people skating and eating pretzels?!

• Haha 2

Sunderland are determined not to sell Jobe Bellingham despite interest in the England Under-19 midfielder from clubs in the Premier League and elsewhere in Europe.

Tottenham, Brentford and Crystal Palace are believed to be among the English sides to have shown an interest in Bellingham, who was at Wembley on Saturday to watch his brother, Jude, win the Champions League with Real Madrid against Borussia Dortmund.

Sold him for £6.67. Best owners in the world. On our way back.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/jun/03/sunderland-aim-to-keep-jobe-bellingham-as-transfer-interest-grows

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â