Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

11 hours ago, meregreen said:

So Knighthead have finally bought the 48 acre wheels site. Noses going crazy about their new stadium. A few of the less deluded ones are pointing out that Knighthead own the land, not BCFC. This has the potential to all come crashing down. Hedge fund uses club to acquire land from council. Develops land, dumps club. They’re a hedge fund folks. They are in it for profit. This could be hilarious.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, 479Villan said:

I am struggling recalling an NFL expansion team going to a City that already had a stadium as a long-term solution as opposed to being in a stadium temporarily and wanting one built for purpose. London might be an exception due to Spurs/Wembley (though I doubt it, honestly, it is not the NFL's M.O. in any way).

All that to say, building a stadium and thinking you'll attract an NFL team to stay in it is absolutely the Shelbyville Monorail concept. The NFL is not knocking down doors to be in Birmingham. London, yes, Mexico City,  maybe, Berlin, I don't know. You also have American cities in front of you that might raise funds (Portland, San Antonio, Dallas is making noise about another team though I think that's political buffoonery).

And building a stadium on the hope it gets used in a World Cup? I'd tell you to do a Qatar and build it out of shipping containers so you can tear it down and send it elsewhere when that month is over.

Mate.

Yes, that stinks of white smile American razzmatazz bullshit. 

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Yes, that stinks of white smile American razzmatazz bullshit. 

It is absolutely our finest export.

• Haha 1

All in all not a bad set of results, they drop to 23rd after Sheffield Wednesday equalizer, Plymouth also gain a point on them, and Millwall win unexpectedly so that's one less team they're likely to catch

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Why on earth did they sell Jobe Bellingham for a bag of space raiders?

Pickled Onion? I can dig that. 

5 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

It is absolutely our finest export.

Apologies I didn't spot your location 😳😳

They'll end up with something like Pride Park and a couple of warehouse sheds for the "sports village" 

Didn't expect much tonight with Millwall playing Leicester and Wednesday playing Norwich but they've picked up a win and a draw respectively so pretty good. Plymouth not beating QPR isn't ideal but a draw does edge them both a little safer at least.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â