Match Thread: West Ham v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, penguin said:

It’s an absolute travesty of justice we aren’t winning this let alone losing. Feels like they’ve only been in our final third a handful of times and have literally created nothing but a couple of crosses.

This is the villa way. We can only blame ourselves. Who lets somebody who's missed more pens than they've scored take them? 

Too nice. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Still shows the progress we've made. 

Only one game this season we've really should have lost. 

Lack of quality in patches have killed us in recent games. Overall the footballs been much better than last year. 

Progress? Are you kidding me this is the same villa shoiting ourselves in the foot again

Just now, NewportStu said:

Just shite one so many levels tonight. Serious doubts about Watkins ability at this level. Missing for large periods and never seems to get in the right positions for me. Frustrating to watch.

Unfortunately, this is my takeaway from the game this evening. We shouldn’t be losing, fine, but Watkins has been abject in a couple of games this season now. 

Worrying. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Progress? Are you kidding me this is the same villa shoiting ourselves in the foot again

Compared to last year we've been much better. 

We weren't even good enough to shoot ourselves in the foot most games last season.

• Like 2

The best two Villa players by miles have been Jack and Dougie. Some of Doug's passing through the lines tonight has been sensational. Jack's been different class. 

Still not seeing enough from McGinn. I actually thought Hourihane contributed more tonight. He's just not doing much lately. Watkins has also been disappointing and will be under serious threat when Wesley gets back to full fitness. 

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

No it's not, not close, we've stepped up since last season 

We're inconsistent at best and make mistakes but we can play OK stuff and are creating chances just not taking them

Not sure why the manically depressed defeatist villa fans are back, this is us for a few years now, creeping up getting better, we weren't getting CL this year 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly, we were very competitive in our first 10 last season too. Beginning to look a lot like luck/random being the difference in outcome.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We stayed up on the last day of the season last year. If we’d won today we’d be fourth. How is that NOT progress?

Edited by HKP90
Typo
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

This is the villa way. We can only blame ourselves. Who lets somebody who's missed more pens than they've scored take them? 

Too nice. 

This Is The Way GIF by Priya

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1