Transgenderism

Chindie

2 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

That is being offensive. Please desist.

The adults are talking mate

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

The BMA has decided to undertake a review and evaluation of the Cass Report. 

Which is a good thing. 

Obviously the Terfs now think this means all the doctors are women hating ideological zealots.

21 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The BMA has decided to undertake a review and evaluation of the Cass Report. 

Which is a good thing. 

Obviously the Terfs now think this means all the doctors are women hating ideological zealots.

Why is it a good thing? Just asking 

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Personally, I think there was a lot of political heat and culture wars and perhaps not much headroom for thinking when decisions have been made.

There have been bad outcomes for people, but bad outcomes can mean having medical assistance or being refused medical assistance. There is no one size fits all. Any change will also create bad outcomes for some people, if someone has been awaiting treatment for a few years and is told there is a blanket ban on treatment this can have an impact.

So perhaps a bit of a calm neutral review will allow more medical assessment and less politics. A return of the expert? Not guaranteed, but worth a shot. The correct answer will always be far more complicated than a blanket yes or a blanket no.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Personally, I think there was a lot of political heat and culture wars and perhaps not much headroom for thinking when decisions have been made.

There have been bad outcomes for people, but bad outcomes can mean having medical assistance or being refused medical assistance. There is no one size fits all. Any change will also create bad outcomes for some people, if someone has been awaiting treatment for a few years and is told there is a blanket ban on treatment this can have an impact.

So perhaps a bit of a calm neutral review will allow more medical assessment and less politics. A return of the expert? Not guaranteed, but worth a shot. The correct answer will always be far more complicated than a blanket yes or a blanket no.

My initial post was going to be “stop the world I want to get off” but I’m trying to  understand this but it’s hard and as you say I’m not sure most people know what’s for the best . Individual cases are different I suppose, it just doesn’t seem right to me. 

28 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The report was criticised by various groups for flaws in its methodologies and how it approached it's review into the situation. It's therefore a good thing for medical professionals to actually review what the report says and what it's recommendations actually do.

• Like 1

From a medical perspective this is the right thing to do - this is how science advances. My concerns here have always been that all the rage around the issue means that doctors can't make sensible medical decisions about the topic, so if we can have some respected and impartial scientists and doctors look at the evidence then that's great.

I'd also like to think that if a new batch of experts review all the available evidence and conclude Cass was broadly correct (or incorrect) then people would accept those findings, but I feel like I'm possibly being a bit naive there.

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not sure God will be too happy either . Man and woman are sacred. 

As you can imagine, I really couldn’t give a toss about the hurt feelings of an imaginary deity

But as he's supposedly omnipresent and everything ever is at his will, then I guess he both knows and doesn’t give a shit because he created everyone and everything. If he’s angry, it'll be with himself

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bickster said:

As you can imagine, I really couldn’t give a toss about the hurt feelings of an imaginary deity

You’ll get there one day I’m sure of it 

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, choffer said:

Conflicted about bringing this thread back to page 1 but I think this looks interesting and I hope will change some opinions on the subject. 

Even if it helps people think twice about misgendering it will be welcome. Netflix has done a lot of harm with the number of bigoted over the hill comedians they have platformed in recent times so they should not get too much credit.

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’d like to know why he decided to do it. Did he just wake up one day and say I fancy being a woman or does it go deeper than that? Probably the latter . 

I suspect if you only watch the trailer, you’d get a sense of what the answer is. I don’t think anyone in any scenario just wakes up one day and decides to make a major change to their lives without any prior thought. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â