Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

Isco would be a good signing, but coming from Real Madrid, and looking for his final contract while in his prime playing years, I feel he's not our man.

Sergio Canales has been a notable performer in La Liga, and would love to see him in our system from an on the ball perspective, but defensive liabilities is not what we need.

I've always really liked Oliver Torres, and I feel like he would be an excellent backup for Douglas Luiz, or a starter in a midfield three while Barkley's out.

Also noticing that Nabil Fekir is doing well again, and a definite prospect is Mikel Oyarzabal.

16 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Lazy assumption. Every club would sell if the "right offer" came in, but it might be 4 times what they're worth. At this moment in time with Norwich top of the table chasing an extra £100m+ annual revenue there's no way we convince them to sell.

Rubbish Norwich are a tiny little club, they sell to survive always have always will. 

Matthew Sorinola and Omar Richards are two young EFL LB we should be targeting IMO as long term replacements  for Taylor and competition for Targett. 

Richards has been linked with Bayern as he is out of contract in the summer. Sorinola has broken into the first team for MK Dons this season and preformed very well so far. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Isco would be a good signing, but coming from Real Madrid, and looking for his final contract while in his prime playing years, I feel he's not our man.

Sergio Canales has been a notable performer in La Liga, and would love to see him in our system from an on the ball perspective, but defensive liabilities is not what we need.

I've always really liked Oliver Torres, and I feel like he would be an excellent backup for Douglas Luiz, or a starter in a midfield three while Barkley's out.

Also noticing that Nabil Fekir is doing well again, and a definite prospect is Mikel Oyarzabal.

Sergio Canales is the John McGinn of La Liga, he was the player that covered most ground in the whole league last season. Almost 400 kilometers over 37 games or about 11 km / game. Extremely useful player.

I have a soft spot for Betis so I'd like him to remain where he is but if he does move I would like it to be here. 2.5 yeaes left on his contract thou so he won't be cheap unless their finances are tanking, which is not impossible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Matthew Sorinola and Omar Richards are two young EFL LB we should be targeting IMO as long term replacements  for Taylor and competition for Targett. 

Richards has been linked with Bayern as he is out of contract in the summer. Sorinola has broken into the first team for MK Dons this season and preformed very well so far. 

Or we can resume our robbery on Brentford and take Rico Henry!

I'd like us to have a bit more pace in the squad. Also I think the squad needs to be better at defending and attacking set pieces (corners). And we need more players that are good at playing a high pressure game. 

James from United would be good for pace and pressure.

A Martin Laursen type would be good for attacking/defending set pieces- maybe this could be found in a midfielder (Felliani-Soucek). Actually, someone like McTominay would do it. He would be good at the pressing game too,

39 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

I'd like us to have a bit more pace in the squad. Also I think the squad needs to be better at defending and attacking set pieces (corners). And we need more players that are good at playing a high pressure game. 

James from United would be good for pace and pressure.

A Martin Laursen type would be good for attacking/defending set pieces- maybe this could be found in a midfielder (Felliani-Soucek). Actually, someone like McTominay would do it. He would be good at the pressing game too,

I think you are on the right lines.

• Like 1