Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

I think Josh Dasilva might be the next Brentford player to move for big money, was impressed with him last season but for some reason thought he was in his late twenties so was surprised to see him playing for England U21s recently.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'd love Rico Henry, he played for Dean at Walsall too didn't he? Would imagine we'd be in the driving seat in that case.

We've got a lot of money, but do we have enough to keep buying from Brentford though? 😅

No we’ll have to start looking to pick up some bargains from PSG, Barcelona and Man City in the next couple of windows. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Henry best LB in championship after an injury hit first couple of seasons he is  bang on it now and always said he will be the first to play for England ( although Oli will be now)

DaSilva taken a while to get there but superb this season strong quick along with Norguaard the best 2 midfielders in championship 

Toney has been excellent he’s a monster will score more than Oli managed last season not as good yet but can’t see us holding on to him if we don’t go up.

Canos not a great fan but has been good last few games after being out for 9 months with a bad injury not PL quality 

Mbeumo had a great season but struggled the start of this still just 21 could go to the top

Pinnock no better central defender in the championship will def play PL

The championship is poor this season and we started poorly but have really stepped and unbeaten in 16 not so pleasing on the eye but I feel if we get into the top two we will stay there and playing you boys next season.

Cheers mate, much appreciated.  Rico Henry is probably already on our radar if you don’t go up with the Smith connection etc.  I do like the look of the others, but was not aware of Pinnock, so will keep an eye on him.  

I do hope you make it this season though as you have an excellent base to work from. 👍

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, useless said:

I think Josh Dasilva might be the next Brentford player to move for big money, was impressed with him last season but for some reason thought he was in his late twenties so was surprised to see him playing for England U21s recently.

Just turned 22 you could be right but hope you aren’t 👍

• Thanks 1

I've mentioned him elsewhere but surely if we're going big in next 5 years surely we could be tempting option for Phil Foden?

His agent seems to be making noises now about not being happy at Man. City which is understandable considering this was season he was supposed to become undroppable first 11 player and yet he's hardly started a prem game in last two months.

Man. City wouldn't sell him to a major rival like Chelsea or Spurs and they'll probably get in touch with us in near future about Luiz so thought it would be worth the question. Could sell him next 5 years as regular alongside Jack and they can build dynasty for club and country. Then we just sell him back to Man. City for 150m or something.

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

We have invested heavily in the youth setup and need a pathway to the first team or what’s the point ? Kessler is very highly rated and need to be integrated into the 1st team squad next season if not sooner. 

Was surprised we didn't loan him out this season tbh given his apparent potential, perhaps in January?

I know he's young still but others put out their highly rated kids out at 18 on loan to get some senior football.

Can't see AEM or Freddy here next season so we will need a Cash backup in some form.

Edited by VillaChris

59 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Henry best LB in championship after an injury hit first couple of seasons he is  bang on it now and always said he will be the first to play for England ( although Oli will be now)

DaSilva taken a while to get there but superb this season strong quick along with Norguaard the best 2 midfielders in championship 

Toney has been excellent he’s a monster will score more than Oli managed last season not as good yet but can’t see us holding on to him if we don’t go up.

Canos not a great fan but has been good last few games after being out for 9 months with a bad injury not PL quality 

Mbeumo had a great season but struggled the start of this still just 21 could go to the top

Pinnock no better central defender in the championship will def play PL

The championship is poor this season and we started poorly but have really stepped and unbeaten in 16 not so pleasing on the eye but I feel if we get into the top two we will stay there and playing you boys next season.

Any idea if there's a sell on clause with Walsall? I post on a Walsall forum as go to watch them from time to time and even they aren't sure but I assume they'd have been a promotion bonus at least in the deal plus the usual after number of appearences.

You certainly wouldn't accept anything below 15m I'd imagine.

2 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

🤣

I quite like the attitude tbh and undeniable quality. Would be interesting to see him in a strong side.

At 28 though, it could be a lot of money with no resale.

If Zaha was an Aston Villa player, we'd all love him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

If Zaha was an Aston Villa player, we'd all love him

I'm pretty sure having Zaha at Villa at the moment would result in a goal drought from him, hes not as good as what he was like Teke. Palace seen to enjoy buying players who were good goal scorers who go stale. Spends most his time complaining, winding up and pissing everyone off instead of being the guy he used to be.

At one point I'd of loved the guy at Villa, not now.

Edited by Dave-R

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Any idea if there's a sell on clause with Walsall? I post on a Walsall forum as go to watch them from time to time and even they aren't sure but I assume they'd have been a promotion bonus at least in the deal plus the usual after number of appearences.

You certainly wouldn't accept anything below 15m I'd imagine.

I don’t know if there is one but think we paid over 1.2 mill with add ons over 3 mill.

I look forward to the day we can bring on £120million of international talent from our bench.... It will take another couple of seasons but believe after two false dawns we now have the correct ownership  to be able to move to that level. 

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Was surprised we didn't loan him out this season tbh given his apparent potential, perhaps in January?

I know he's young still but others put out their highly rated kids out at 18 on loan to get some senior football.

Can't see AEM or Freddy here next season so we will need a Cash backup in some form.

Isnt our young RB apparently very highly rated, hence rush for Guibert to move on and Elmo to finish is contract?

Kessler is it?

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Isnt our young RB apparently very highly rated, hence rush for Guibert to move on and Elmo to finish is contract?

Kessler is it?

I'd like to seen him have a loan spell first. If he's being considered for our first team in six months time I'd say he should be good enough to go out next month to league one or even lower end championship team.