Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

With Szoboszlai heading to Leipzig in January I wonder if they are letting some of their current players leave. They have a pretty big squad now but I guess they can afford it. Some interesting fringe players there in midfield and attack..

• Like 1

If we do sign a striker.....movement is key for me. Someone who is quick, good first touch and clinical.....and show a bit of aggression, like Vardy today.

A player who is brave on the ball and wants it like Jack does.

our players do get criticism for not picking out the strikers, but they have to show for the ball too.....David Platt, Ian Taylor, who were midfielders but made runs, that screamed "give me the ball".....Dean Saunders too, who moved around and kept defenders on their toes.

I just hope if we do sign one, its not just for the sake of it....its purposeful.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

I'm not convinced we will make any signings unless we get a major injury in the next month.  Maybe one signing but I cant really see us doing much business.

Obviously I would love some business to improve the team and especially deepen the squad options but gut tells me they wont unless a player they have been eyeing becomes available or a loan deal that could help us.

Why do I think this, I think they might think the team is bonding nicely and dont want to impact that, we will be more attractive to players if we finish the league strongly for summer purchases, there maybe some FFP in there (although I dont know where that is at) and January isnt the best time to get players.

The obvious reply to this is strengthen when you are doing well, we know we have weak spots in the squad and in the first team like left back and if the player becomes available then get them.

I have no inside knowledge at all, just my gut says they will keep the powder dry until the summer mostly.

I would love to know where we are at with FFP

• Like 1

Looks like Atalanta might be getting Anel Ahmedhodzic from Malmö FF, price about £6.5-7m. We could do a lot worse when it comes to finding a new CB talent. Shame he opted for Bosnia rather than Sweden.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Is there a feeling on here, that we will make signings in Jan.....if so, how many?

It’s so difficult to know what we will do just because we know we have spent so much in the last two summer windows and where we are on the financial rules.

I could quite happily spend 200 million on players.

I can’t imagine we have much room left though on the budget due to the rules maybe enough for a permanent signing and a loan but I really don’t know. There’s loads of players we could get for decent fees in today’s market to improve our squad though.

41 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Zinchenko might be available in January. Could be good competition for Targett. As long as we don't agree to any sort of buy back clause this time.

I like him a lot, as competition for Douglas he’d be excellent

17 hours ago, rayk said:

We’re not even remotely at that level yet and where on earth would he play given we have Jack, Ross, SJM?

I would say he would be an ambitious signing but far from impossible. Don’t underestimate where we are in this seasons mix or how ambitious we are nor how capable our owners are. We are a few players short of being a very competitive team, he could be one of those players. Wage structure would be the problem but a loan is not out of the question. He’s come from Spurs not Real Madrid and is not a regular at Inter. Stranger things have happened.

Where would he play? : on the RHS as Jack does on the LHS.

Edited by thunderball