Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

On 18/12/2020 at 14:47, Delphinho123 said:

Brooks, Buendia and Sarr would all improve us on the right I feel. 

Thoughts? Would they come? How much would they cost...?

I really wanted us to go for Buendia during the last window, I think £20m-£25m might have got him then, but I think that ship has probably sailed now. With them top, they will be thinking he can play a big part in getting them back up again, so I guess they would ask around £35m now, as a minimum. The other two are quality too, but I think their clubs were probably asking silly money for them in the summer (£40m+) and would probably look for the same now. I wonder whether we might look at making the loan for Barclay permanent next month? Otherwise, perhaps a couple of prospects that wouldn't break the bank, but would strengthen our bench?

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

With all due respect when do we be at that stage? We absolutely smashed them Saka and Jack built up a very good rapport and combination for England. Saka would love it here instead of that sinking ship Arsenal.

We will be at the stage of paying £40mill + on a FB when we have spent that on a striker and midfielder and we have a squad that just needs tweaking. Then I can see that sort of expenditure on a FB.

Loved to be prove wrong though as he’s class and would be great here. As you said Saka & Jack could cement England left Flank for years to come. Lasser Larouci as I mentioned earlier would be the more realistic signing though  and one I hope for.

Edited by thabucks
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

We will be at the stage of paying £40mill + on a FB when we have spent that on a striker and midfielder and we have a squad that just needs tweaking. Then I can see that sort of expenditure on a FB.

Loved to be prove wrong though as he’s class and would be great here. As you said Saka & Jack could cement England left Flank for years to come. Larouci as I mentioned earlier would be the more realistic signing though  and one I hope for.

Anyone can forget spending 40 million on a fullback there are way too many players needed in the squad for that sort of extravagance.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

With all due respect when do we be at that stage? We absolutely smashed them Saka and Jack built up a very good rapport and combination for England. Saka would love it here instead of that sinking ship Arsenal.

When? 
When we have half a dozen more players in our squad that are top ten quality.

Or

FFP doesn’t exist and the owners are as good as I think they are.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

See Watford are doing a Watford and looking for coach number #5 now is it in a year...?! Hopefully that could lead to Hughes, Sarr, becoming disillusioned  & available🤞🏻... 

If we wanted Will Hughes he would be an easy pick up I saw speculation he was available for 7m in the summer.

Sarr will cost a fortune 

57 minutes ago, thabucks said:

See Watford are doing a Watford and looking for coach number #5 now is it in a year...?! Hopefully that could lead to Hughes, Sarr, becoming disillusioned  & available🤞🏻... 

If we could sell Wes then yes Sarr should be a must.

Otherwise given the ages of Watkins, Wes, Davies........and then Louie Barry, it’s be Joao Pedro for me

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

If we wanted Will Hughes he would be an easy pick up I saw speculation he was available for 7m in the summer.

Sarr will cost a fortune 

So will Barkley. That’s the cost of trying to be a successful team.

I do think this window is an important window for us. It’s BS that you can’t buy decent players in the window....you just have to be on the up rather than looking at relegation.

LB and LCB seem to be the targets and I can’t argue with that. Simakan has been mentioned a lot but apparently he’s off to AC Milan..... but there again so is the Liverpool target Ozan Kabak.

Given that Schalke are pretty much already relegated, we should be after either Simaken or Kabak.

But I’d like to see some curveball signings. Schalke have the 20 year old Welsh international winger Rabbi Matondo (former Man City youth). Must be worth a punt.

Similarly, over in France, Dijon have an English left footed CB called Jonathan Panzo (former Chelsea and Monaco youth).

Its not rocket science and makes perfect sense post Brexit.

16 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Here he is training

See the source image

Sorry for being the PC police but did you actually think that was funny? Why not throw in a banana reference as well? Plonker...

Edited by rayk
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rayk said:

So will Barkley. That’s the cost of trying to be a successful team.

Not necessarily, we can still make big steps up with 20 million pound players rather than 40-50 which is what Sarr is currently touted for.

19 minutes ago, rayk said:

Sorry for being the PC police but did you actually think that was funny? Why not throw in a banana reference as well? Plonker...

You should be sorry for being the PC police, he made a harmless joke.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

You should be sorry for being the PC police, he made a harmless joke.

Really? So taking the mickey out of someone’s name (whist is obviously cultural) at the expense of a religion is a ‘joke’ these days???

Even if that was a joke it’s like ‘nil points’ for originality......