Match Thread: Villa v Southampton

limpid

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Southampton had the 3rd best away record last season and people are angry because this is a game they decided we SHOULD get points from. 

Last season. Not sure whether you have noticed but it's this season now!

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I never meant it literally.

I meant short term.

oh ok. worried short term yes. still think we'll be fine this season and that we'll bounce back. it's been two poor games, it's not the end of the world just yet.

1 minute ago, AV82 said:

By your logic we’re flying high in the table and should be smiling. ‘Doesn’t matter how it happened.’

Bit disingenuous. We're currently 7th and 4 of the 5 teams beneath us have yet to play this weekend. 

We could quite easily be bottom half by close of business this gameweek. Is that flying high?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Even at his best, he tends to have at least a lapse of concentration in him per game. 

People spoke about getting a more experienced partner to play alongside Mings, i think we would be better served replacing him with a commanding cb.

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Twice in row though, when you are hoping for a reaction, so it's fair to feel concerned. We struggle against teams who don't let us play. Simple as that.

I imagine we will for awhile. We've still only been back in the prem for one season. 

We need to improve and progress. Last two games have been a set back but there is no denying we've been better. 

1 minute ago, Brumstopdogs said:

May have scored not would have scored.

As it is we've conceded a goal and got a yellow card.

At the time Walcott would have been clear on goal with only the keeper to beat. We may have conceded a free kick, but it was by no means an easier chance than the one denied Walcott. It was a professional foul. More often than not we wouldn’t have conceded from the resultant free kick. Retrospective criticism of Cash is disingenuous. I would have put a player on the line at that post and let the keeper cover the rest. That’s a tactical fault, not Cash’s.

Just now, est1874 said:

Bit disingenuous. We're currently 7th and 4 of the 5 teams beneath us have yet to play this weekend. 

We could quite easily be bottom half by close of business this gameweek. Is that flying high?

Higher than last season. We all need a reality check.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Southampton had the 3rd best away record last season and people are angry because this is a game they decided we SHOULD get points from. 

We are angry with the performance not the fact we are getting nothing. What don't you understand? 

• Like 1