Ross Barkley

LondonLax

Thought Barkley was very good when he came on last night.

As people have mentioned he got caught on the ball quite a few times in the last 15 minutes, but if you look at the players around him they were shattered reducing his options to make the pass. 

He's such a great option to bring on to close out games and regain some control in the midfield.

12 hours ago, Mic09 said:

From the stands (twisted, emotional perspective) I thought he was just what we needed and he did superbly. Closed down spaces, run with the ball when he had to, tackled when necessary. 

We wouldn't have won without him. 

Did “superbly”? Funny how people see things differently. I thought he was shit 😂

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Did “superbly”? Funny how people see things differently. I thought he was shit 😂

He is a terrific signing imo - Sure the pace of the game probably sideswiped him, but he is such an intelligent player - he will quickly learn from last night and be more than ready when next called upon. 

3 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

He is a terrific signing imo - Sure the pace of the game probably sideswiped him, but he is such an intelligent player - he will quickly learn from last night and be more than ready when next called upon. 

Oh I think he’s been great since he signed. And I said already that it must be so so hard to be subbed on in a game like that and get up to speed quickly. With Bayern’s press it’s almost impossible. 

So it’s completely understandable. But I think he was poor when he came on. 

He did enough, and it wasn’t all bad. But some very hairy moments

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Just a great squad option to have.  A year ago we’d have had players going down with cramp or muscle injuries because they were being run into the ground, with no real quality option off the bench. 

A year ago, we played Mostar, where we had Zaniolo, Youri, SJM, Deondoncker, and Bailey starting, with Luiz and Traore coming on, and Calum Chambers and Tommi O'Reilly being the other two midfield options.

I much prefer the situation where we can start with Ramsey, Youri, Rogers, Onana and Philogene (granted), and then have Bailey, Maatsen, Barkley coming on, still have Buendia on the bench and SJM and Kamara to come back from injury.

Barkley will be a superb signing this season, he is depth, he is experience, he is a good player still, embrace it lads. 

• Like 3

I thought he did well - showed for the ball out from Martinez and the deep centre backs in the way we'd have expected Luiz/Kamara to, played a couple of good passes and broke up play a couple of times. He got caught once or twice, but that's a risk we take with playing out -Tielemans and Rogers were caught too.

For what we've paid/are paying, I'm not sure we could have found a better option for his squad role.

I thought Barkley looked good when he came on. Yes he was caught a couple of times, but so were most of the others at some points in the game. We were being pressed back relentlessly throughout the 90 mins and he did manage to get us up the pitch a couple of times in his short spell. I thought he did better than Onana in that respect. A valuable memeber of our first team squad, I feel confident in him when he comes on for us.

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Sure, he got caught sometimes, but so did everyone else. He was playing CM against one of the best teams in the world. He is gonna lose the ball a few times.

I'm gonna stick with my opinion :) 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â