Ross Barkley

LondonLax

15 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

I wonder if with Mcginn out injured and Martinez potentially rested tomorrow whether Barkley might be considered an option to captain the side tomorrow?

That will likely come down to seniority amongst the squad, so in the absence of McGinn or Martinez, you would go with Konsa or Torres. Incidentally, I think RB would make a fine captain.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I can't believe this is the same guy that played for us a few years ago. 

Part of this is possibly a lesson which we should take, that when we choose a player we have to be sure that they’re not coming from up to down, unless if they were youngsters trying to improve their careers. What’s called a marquee signing (especially from those considered big teams) shouldn’t be our aim. 

Barkley done well to his career so we got him cheap and based on his performances with a relegated Luton not a Champion Chelsea. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daggy_333 said:

I wonder if with Mcginn out injured and Martinez potentially rested tomorrow whether Barkley might be considered an option to captain the side tomorrow?

Buendia captained the under 21 game they both played so I imagine he will

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

God he was awful this evening

Very much an impact sub this season. Think the honeymoon period for his return will quickly wear off if we actually had to start him for 2-3 prem/CL matches as people would be expecting him to run the show like Tielemans and I don't think he'd be capable of that over 90 minutes.

Second halves when we're losing/drawing to bottom half teams and he's shown he can make a significant impact so that should remain his role this season.

He and Onana have both played well when paired with Tielemans.   They were poor when paired together tonight.   Barkley improved noticeably after Onanna went off.   I think they are both good options for partnering Tielemans but shouldn't play together.   Hopefully, there won't ever be a need for that once Kamara returns.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Very much an impact sub this season. Think the honeymoon period for his return will quickly wear off if we actually had to start him for 2-3 prem/CL matches as people would be expecting him to run the show like Tielemans and I don't think he'd be capable of that over 90 minutes.

Second halves when we're losing/drawing to bottom half teams and he's shown he can make a significant impact so that should remain his role this season.

Tad harsh going off just one game playing in a much changed team. I'm looking forward to seeing him start in a more stronger first 11. 

No one really clicked last night in fairness, they looked like a group of individuals rather than a unit and everyone’s games was poorer for it. The movement and positional play all round was poor so making passing decisions becomes difficult. I wouldn’t be too concerned.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

No one really clicked last night in fairness, they looked like a group of individuals rather than a unit and everyone’s games was poorer for it. The movement and positional play all round was poor so making passing decisions becomes difficult. I wouldn’t be too concerned.

It was a standard League cup game really. Bench warmers and under 21s trying to click after a few days of prep. 

No player looked particularly great, and rarely do in this situation. 

• Like 2

I only followed the game via text commentary so I didn't see the performance for myself, but I'm not worried that Ross had a stinker. I seem to remember he looked pretty awful in the pre-season games too, but then looked totally at home as soon as we brought him on against PL opposition.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â