Ross Barkley

LondonLax

Just the player we've been crying out for our second halves. There were so many times last season where both teams completely lost control of the game and it turned into a gung ho affair. Past two games now where he's come on and reigned the game firmly in our favour.

Was very interesting how I think it was Monchi(?) who talked about how they wanted a "different profile" of midfielder when signing Barkley, and that he would offer something to the team that nobody else provides: this is it.

• Like 3

Excellent again, think this should stay his role for now though, but the more he knocks...

Onana was still hugely important for us today especially in a spell between 30 mins and half time where we were losing our way. 

On 16/08/2024 at 07:45, Zatman said:

John Giles midfield legend and usually brilliant pundit has predicted Barkley to get back in the England squad and win player of the season

Maybe Gilesy knew more than we did 😝

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

There was a reason why he was getting suggested for an England call up last season. He was very good in that Luton side. 

Bit old now but England are usually struggling in controlling possession in midfield. He probably would have been more useful in Euros than Gallagher or Alexander Arnold in that spot

On 16/08/2024 at 06:52, CVByrne said:

I really do think this is one of the most astute signings we've made this summer. When you understand how the Squad Cost Rule and PSR work. The annual cost of Barkley on the books vs other players he is cheap. 

Barkley proving me right so far. Has been key to put last two wins. So calm and gives so much control. Impact immediately on the game after coming on. 

I never understood how people could judge him by his last appearances for us. Did they really not watch how big of boss he was at Wigan last season? My Arsenal friend, who watch a lot of football, was raving about him and congratulated with the signing. Yet the sentiment at Villatalk was that he would be no good, since he did not impress several years ago. 

EDIT: Wigan? I mean Luton!!

Edited by DeepDish
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

I never understood how people could judge him by his last appearances for us. Did they really not watch how big of boss he was at Wigan last season? My Arsenal friend, who watch a lot of football, was raving about him and congratulated with the signing. Yet the sentiment at Villatalk was that he would be no good, since he did not impress several years ago. 

This is the Ross Barkley thread mate, not Wilson Palacios

• Haha 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â