Ross Barkley

LondonLax

4 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Quality cameo. Didn't put a foot wrong. 

Agree generally, but think he still looks a little bit of a bystander defensively. Like he moves back in the right shape but he doesn’t really take responsibility for dealing with danger. Superb on the ball though.

He calmed things down to be fair and it's exactly what we needed. Players like Rogers need to learn off the likes of Tielemans and Barkley how you need to anticipate what's around you before you get ball and slow things down. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

40 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Agree generally, but think he still looks a little bit of a bystander defensively. Like he moves back in the right shape but he doesn’t really take responsibility for dealing with danger. Superb on the ball though.

Did a great tackle on player who was away after I think Rogers lost it. He nicked the ball and another Leicester player recovered but broke up dangerous counter

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

We we're getting done in the midfield before he come on. He calmed it down and got it back on our terms.

Yeah think he was a positive addition when he came in. We know how difficult it is for CMs to learn what Emery wants. Onana has the advantage as he's a freak of an athlete so things are a bit easier for him. 

Just watched back the extended highlights. He did well, he started both phases of the move that lead to our second goal, good pass for the first phase. He also picked out Duran for his swivel and shot too. 

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Thought he was pretty poor for the goal tbh and left Bogarde (why did abysmal) high and dry. Was fresh on , should be really busting a gut to get across.

You might need to watch it again.

He was up and in position to prevent the attacker cutting back inside, it meant Bogarde was free to jockey the attacker all the way to the byline.  

Unfortunately Bogarde showed a lack of experience and dived in, leaving himself exposed when the attacker skipped past. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

You might need to watch it again.

He was up and in position to prevent the attacker cutting back inside, it meant Bogarde was free to jockey the attacker all the way to the byline.  

Unfortunately Bogarde showed a lack of experience and dived in, leaving himself exposed when the attacker skipped past. 

I know. He still meandered across like. I'd bet Emery was fuming.

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Steady Eddie, nothing explosive but everything was spot on, and his reading of the game and positioning was spot on. He’s a real asset to the squad.

He's deceptive, a lot of his best work is just him having a clear idea where the ball should go next before he gets it and him putting it there with one touch. 

• Like 1

His ball-retention at Luton was outstanding and occasionally produced some quality assists.

I was delighted he did so well yesterday.

I suspect, barring injury, he'll play quite a lot, should Onana get suspended as much as I think he will, or needs a rest.

Remember he is the replacement for Dendonker. Vast improvement and his experience he'll be calm when coming on. Especially as our bench is usually youthful coming on for the experienced players. 

• Like 2

On 01/09/2024 at 11:38, CVByrne said:

Remember he is the replacement for Dendonker. Vast improvement and his experience he'll be calm when coming on. Especially as our bench is usually youthful coming on for the experienced players. 

I like him a lot more when I think about him in those terms. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â