Ross Barkley

LondonLax

I don't know why people are so negative about this signing. He is a backup player, the only way he'll be starting games is if he plays out of his skin when he does get an opportunity or if we are strickened by injuries. 

It's what pre season is all about I guess. Gonna be really interesting to see how we plan to play this season because this new midfield is gonna be badly exposed if we try to play the press inviting, ball retention style we did with Kamara and Luiz. It's gonna get better, not sure it's gonna get good enough.

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

I don't know why people are so negative about this signing. He is a backup player, the only way he'll be starting games is if he plays out of his skin when he does get an opportunity or if we are strickened by injuries. 

Ok, but as I recall, he's one of those players who needs to play to improve, i.e. to work up his match fitness.

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

Someone noted from last week that he's been pre appointed as this seasons scapegoat.

Positives: Olsen will be delighted!

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, lexicon said:

For those criticising him, Kamara made mistakes like that plenty of times last season too.

And Luiz did the first 6 months under Emery. Brighton away a classic example. One mistake in a friendly doesn't mean he can't play out from the back, he was integral in doing that for Luton last season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

And Luiz did the first 6 months under Emery. Brighton away a classic example. One mistake in a friendly doesn't mean he can't play out from the back, he was integral in doing that for Luton last season.

Exactly. I felt like it was a bit of a hospital pass from Olsen to him too. 

We play differently to Luton, plus there are a lot of new teammates for him to get used to and understand. Things have changed a lot since he was last here. 

• Like 2

I'm a little bit sceptical of the signing. He was a big fish in a small pond at Luton and maybe that was his level. Apart from. A great debut against Liverpool and one or two other games the loan spell failed. Have to wait.and see

14 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I thought he was fouled..

Meh 

Looked soft 

He shouldn't be dilly dallying on the ball there in the first place 

31 minutes ago, lexicon said:

For those criticising him, Kamara made mistakes like that plenty of times last season too.

I can’t honestly get the negativity after another friendly. It’s not just Ross either. Baffling really. It’s all about getting minutes and adjusting to Unai’s coaching. Mistakes happen to everyone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Meh 

Looked soft 

Yes it was a bit soft I admit 

3 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Meh 

Looked soft 

It was a little but it wasn't a good pass from Olsen either.

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It was a little but it wasn't a good pass from Olsen either.

But I thought his strength on the ball was one of the reasons we signed him. But it's one friendly game so not going to judge 

2 hours ago, lainux said:

He can't play out from the back with pressure on the ball which is key to our play. Luiz was the best at that.

was he though?

Seem to recall him and Kamara getting caught in possession and giving away penalties on recovering tackles a lot, McGinn aswell I think when he played deeper.

we got better at beating the press, but still had lapses - having Torres to come forward to create space was key, or Luiz etc having someone coming deeper to take the ball was key. Rather than everyone just wandering up field which has been what the friendlies have been like.

Barkley does look rusty, but will reserve judgement till we actually start our best team - as our selections have been pretty all over the place in these friendlies - as - they are friendlies

19 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Meh 

Looked soft 

Shouldn’t he.. is this Inside info from Emery & Co on tactics and commands ? Should he just always good or then, if so might as well play the donk 

Edited by thabucks

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â