Ross Barkley

LondonLax

Just now, sne said:

Only if people have built up him as a Luiz replacement instead of a rotation piece 

He won't be starting ahead of Tielemans so yes not sure where this idea came from he's going to replace Doug.

He is cover.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

He gave the ball away so much. so slow. 
Worrying

Kamara

Tielemans

Onana

McGinn

Barrenechea

Barkley

I wouldn't be too worried. If he ends up being underwhelming then he'll just be a last resort and a relatively inexpensive one at that. If he plays consistently well then it is great business.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Worrying

I'm old enough to remember last year when this was the general consensus on Tielemans

Not old enough to have seen Pongo Warong play for the Villa though 😀 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Kamara

Tielemans

Onana

McGinn

Barrenechea

Barkley

I wouldn't be too worried. If he ends up being underwhelming then he'll just be a last resort and a relatively inexpensive one at that. If he plays consistently well then it is great business.

I think you might be surprised about how Emery uses him. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he was ahead of youri.

Tielemans was class in the run in, he's basically the internal Luiz replacement so Barkley going to have to put in some excellent cameos to get a start ahead of him.

Main issue will be keeping him fit but to me it makes complete sense to have him and Onana as the pivot for first three games given their understanding for Belgium and then you still have SJM and perhaps Ramsey as the advanced midfielders with responsibility out wide.

18 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I think you might be surprised about how Emery uses him. 

Nope. Just pointing out his performances aren't really a big worry for me due to his price and the amount of decent midfielders we have.

Worst case scenario he dramatically improves the quality of our last resort for the position.

6 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Worrying

And that's the difference isn't it

At Luton he is allowed to make mistakes and have bad games. At a different level when we are playing for top 4 his mistakes will be highlighed so much more.

I'll be flabbergasted if he'll be anywhere near a first eleven

I think he's looked rusty.

Probably more rusty than others.  Hope he dusts that down and pushes on in the rest of pre season. 

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

I think he's looked rusty.

Probably more rusty than others.  Hope he dusts that down and pushes on in the rest of pre season. 

I will not stand for this anti-Ginger rhetoric any longer. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â