Ross Barkley

LondonLax

6 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Man of the match today for me. Always showing for the pass, very tidy.

Gonna look very good with someone like Onana beside him

• Like 3

For me Barkley still a work in progress under Unai, there were times he took the ball when he shouldn’t and played us into trouble.

Will be ready for start of season but a couple of lose passes in this and Walsall game under little pressure that need to be gone before season starts properly 

33 minutes ago, macandally said:

For me Barkley still a work in progress under Unai, there were times he took the ball when he shouldn’t and played us into trouble.

Will be ready for start of season but a couple of lose passes in this and Walsall game under little pressure that need to be gone before season starts properly 

He’s played 95 mins under Emery, he won’t be up to speed with what Emery wants to do (properly) for a number of PL games imo. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

The likes of Watkins are going to love having this guy on the team. Reads the game fast, sees passes and tends to look forward first. Will need to sharpen up a little, which he will over the next few games, but looking very tidy !

And he's by no means a guaranteed starter either.  So we might get all these benefits when bringing on a sub.  Which I think shows just how good a job we've done recruiting so far this summer.  There will be much less drop off between "starters" and "subs" (more to the point we're getting much closer to the point where that isn't even a thing - because different players will be picked specifically for different opponents not just to allow someone else some rest).

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, allani said:

And he's by no means a guaranteed starter either.  So we might get all these benefits when bringing on a sub.  Which I think shows just how good a job we've done recruiting so far this summer.  There will be much less drop off between "starters" and "subs" (more to the point we're getting much closer to the point where that isn't even a thing - because different players will be picked specifically for different opponents not just to allow someone else some rest).

He'll be a great option to either start or bring on when we're facing a team with a low block and need to open them up.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

He'll be a great option to either start or bring on when we're facing a team with a low block and need to open them up.

Yeah I can see games where maybe having him and Tielemans in midfield as that will really allow us to dominate on the ball and look to unleash attacks from almost anywhere on the pitch.  Meanwhile there will be other matches where maybe Enzo and Onana are more important in there because they can help us win the ball back and provide more protection whilst also still being good enough on the ball to help us break through the opposition.  We seem to have some really interesting options now and some good balance and squad depth.  Really interested to see what we can do as the level of opposition improves as we head towards the start of the season.

55 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This version of Barkley is better than the version of Luiz from Feb-May.

And how many friendlies against Spartak Trnava did Luiz play in between Feb-May?

You can't compare premier league game against this.

Edited by Czarnikjak
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Are we? Your attitude stinks.

Sorry Dad?

You can't compare any player in a preseason game against poor opposition to someone who had played 60 games last season and was at the business end of the season in an elite league.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Sorry Dad?

You can't compare any player in a preseason game against poor opposition to someone who had played 60 games last season and was at the business end of the season in an elite league.

I’m not. 

Have to start by saying I was never fan of signing Barkley (quite the opposite), due to the last time around..

I think he played ok today, good in posession and eye for a forward pass, at the same time he is also poor at defending and running, there was lot less cover for defence on the second half compared to Donks and Enzo.

I hope his work ethic defensively improves, but yes he potentially brings value to the squad.

Edited by vazquez

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â