Ross Barkley

LondonLax

15 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

It's not just £5m though, you need to add his wages as well. I'm not confident about him at all, this guy had 1 good season in last 6 years or so. We might be able to keep him fit/motivated for 1 season out of 3 if we lucky. Happy to be proven wrong by him.

Monchi and Emery are. That's good enough for me. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Monchi and Emery are. That's good enough for me. 

Totally, they will have had a very close look at what he brought to that Luton team and how it might help our midfield. I'm looking forward to seeing him play, I'm still convinced it will be as more of a 6 than an 8.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Totally, they will have had a very close look at what he brought to that Luton team and how it might help our midfield. I'm looking forward to seeing him play, I'm still convinced it will be as more of a 6 than an 8.

I don’t think he’s coming in as a bit-part player, but as a direct replacement in the Dougie role. 

Ross Barkley cost £5m and is on 60k a week  

Absolute low risk signing, better yet he’s coming in after a fantastic season. 

You compare his first signing interview with the current one and you can tell as a person he’s matured. Seems so much more focused on his football. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

He could operate as a 6 v bottom half prem teams to give us a possession advantage but his real weakness is his tackling so no way in the world is he going to start 6 in an important game - that’s always going to be Kamara or Enzo if they are fit. 

21 hours ago, skarroki said:

I'm sure going out to Nice, it not going well and then ending up unemployed in his 20's when he used to be touted as the next big thing would have really rattled him, been a massive wake-up call. 

But it's so nice in Nice

1 hour ago, Awol said:

I don’t think he’s coming in as a bit-part player, but as a direct replacement in the Dougie role. 

I think i agree. He was very outspoken about his need to play regularly and know he was playing. I suppose Tielemanns was as well. 

1 hour ago, Awol said:

I would be astonished if this is the case. A Tory win today is more likely than this.

I listened to FTLOPM podcast when the rumours first come out that he did with a Luton channel and listened to the Claret and Blue one they did with another Luton channel yesterday. Came away from both excited to watch him play for us. 

Get the impression he has matured a lot of the last couple of years. Last time he joined we saw him as a bit a coup whereas now his just coming as just another player for us and he probably didn't expect a team like us to come in for him. 

The idea should be that he gets plenty of game time in a rotated squad which has more depth than last year. That really cost us at the back end of the season with players being injured and or knackered. If we go deep in the domestic cups plus reach the knock out stages of the CL that could be close to 60 games.

3 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I think i agree. He was very outspoken about his need to play regularly and know he was playing. I suppose Tielemanns was as well. 

I don’t think we can have a real PL season and 8+ games in the CL plus the cups and still think in terms of a first XI. We will see way more rotation and he will be part of that.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Awol said:

Football is a squad game. He doesn’t even play the same role. He’s here for his experience and versatility. 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Football is a squad game. He doesn’t even play the same role. He’s here for his experience and versatility. 

Thanks Steve, it’s insights like this that keep my coming back to this forum decade after decade. 😉

14 hours ago, Awol said:

Thanks Steve, it’s insights like this that keep my coming back to this forum decade after decade. 😉

For me it will always be the fish and Kenneth moments.

On 04/07/2024 at 08:50, Awol said:

And I tell you what, his ball control is on par with Dougie, and he's more powerful. Not for one second saying he's better but it's going to be interesting to see it unfold.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

For me it will always be the fish and Kenneth moments.

Always the fish always the fish

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He will get PLENTY of playing time.  We will have a minimum of 48 matches next season.  38 Premier League + 1 League Cup + 1 FA Cup + 8 ECL = 48 matches

Realistically we will play 50+ matches next season.

• Like 1

Was anyone else worried about his breathing during his first interview?  Did we actually do a medical 🤣

3 hours ago, dubbs said:

Was anyone else worried about his breathing during his first interview?  Did we actually do a medical 🤣

Not really. The noise is called 'scouse'.

• Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â