Ross Barkley

LondonLax

5 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

£5mill and Emery really wanted to sign him. That’s good enough for me!

£5m these days is virtually a free transfer. £1.7m per year over the course of his contract. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Well someone somewhere on this site said a couple of weeks ago they wanted some off the wall questions instead of the usual boring ones. 

Well........ Give me boring PLEASE. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Well someone somewhere on this site said a couple of weeks ago they wanted some off the wall questions instead of the usual boring ones. 

Well........ Give me boring PLEASE. 

So… you’re telling me you don’t wanna know the best movie he watched since the last time he was with us? 😂

Where TF did that one come from???

• Haha 3

I hardly saw anything of Luton last year, so can someone who has fill me in on what has changed with him?

Was looking back around pages 125 to 130 in this thread, and people were speculating that he had a clause in his loan contract that he had to play when unfit, cos his performances were so poor. 

Was it just a fitness and injury thing then?

18 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I hardly saw anything of Luton last year, so can someone who has fill me in on what has changed with him?

Was looking back around pages 125 to 130 in this thread, and people were speculating that he had a clause in his loan contract that he had to play when unfit, cos his performances were so poor. 

Was it just a fitness and injury thing then?

As in had to start or had to come on? As he was on the bench loads and was an unused sub a few times also. And he wasn't half as bad as some people made out.

I remember Newcastle away he came on and created two chances, more than we'd managed all game.

Edited by Tom13

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

As in had to start or had to come on? As he was on the bench loads and was an unused sub a few times also. And he wasn't half as bad as some people made out.

I remember Newcastle away he came on and created two chances, more than we'd managed all game.

See I thought that, but looking back through this thread, and people were not happy with him. At all. I don't think I saw one post suggesting we keep him permanently (there probably was one, but I'm not trawling through all day to find it. You get my point.) 

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

He was absolutely terrible for 2 or 3 performances in a row, when our early season form started to wilt .. absolutely shocking passenger of a fella he was, and then when he was finally dropped from the first team he came off the bench for the majority of the remaining season. He may have been decent in a couple of cameo appearances but his body language and at visible on field efforts were a disgrace at times.

In saying all that, the reason he upset so much is I believe he's better than a good player.

I'm excited he is back and I would not be surprised at all if he isn't signing of the season by seasons end.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, villarule123 said:

As others have said, if he's here to fill in the Chambers role then this is a tantastic signing, as he will be a great option off the bench or maybe a starter if his form is that good that he's undroppable.

He does seem to have quite the tangerine tan on him!

• Haha 1

Â