Ross Barkley

LondonLax

9 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Since the day he was born. One of Toxteth's finest, and I'm fairly confident Emery will get the best out of him. There's no denying, this kid is blessed with natural talent. It's just a pity he hasn't managed to fulfil that undoubted potential, but, what an opportunity, let's hope he grasps it with both hands. 

Hope.so

I had no.idea he was scouse

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Herman22 said:

1 July is the new Christmas Day! 

So many signings, welcome Back Ross! 

Its also my birthday and the Princess of Hearts - RIP my Diana on our special day

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

He’s got questionable fitness history, giving other players like that longer contracts didn’t  usually work out well for us.

He's not been injured since he played for us a few years ago and played 37 games last season - not exactly made of biscuits and he'll had a less heavy load this season as he'll be a squad rotation option. 

• Like 1

Just now, T-Dog said:

Find me a better PL player last season for £5m or less - £5m doesn't even buy you a donkey these days, I think this is a cracking piece of business for the money.

Maybe but was it conducted at arms length, rumour has it the PL are looking at the Nakamba deal last year as a connected deal

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

I hope to be proven wrong but I think he will be an impact sub 

If he is, it means we've signed a very good centre mid. So I hope he is as well!

Currently, he's starting first game of the season IMO.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure Bardell knows as much as likes to make out.

There was the Butland fiasco way back but he’s been saying we’re now signing Ndidi for what seems like months. Can’t see that happening, especially not now.

-

Unai obv wanted Barkley though (to what degree, we will see) and it was reported that he’d been in personal contact with him over the move. 

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Not sure Bardell knows as much as likes to make out.

There was the Butland fiasco way back but he’s been saying we’re now signing Ndidi for what seems like months. Can’t see that happening, especially not now.

-

Unai obv wanted Barkley though (to what degree, we will see) and it was reported that he’d been in personal contact with him over the move. 

Don’t think he ever said that about Ndidi, just that we had an interest.

• Like 1

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Don’t think he ever said that about Ndidi, just that we had an interest.

He brought it up fairly often… but yeah maybe more that we were genuinely interested or made enquiries rather than the signing actually happening or being finalised. Pretty sure he said “one to watch” at least a couple of times.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He's not been injured since he played for us a few years ago and played 37 games last season - not exactly made of biscuits and he'll had a less heavy load this season as he'll be a squad rotation option. 

That’s really positive… do think he got long Covid (squad was hit by a coupe of “breakouts” too) or something similar while he was with us last time, his performances and energy levels dropped off quite dramatically.

We looked so good in the early stages of that season. A shame the way we tailed off after such a good start.

Yeah, I expect him to be better or at least more consistent and useful for us than when he was then. Won’t have the same role in the team anyway.

Can’t ignore the Unai factor too… he will level Ross up. He’s really fortunate to get this opportunity and to learn from one of the very best around.

Edited by Jas10

50 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Hope.so

I had no.idea he was scouse

A lot of people don't realise he's of mixed race. Nigerian from his father's side. He's a dye in the wool Evertonian. Hence, the delightful memory of participating in that thrashing of Klopp's Liverpool. I still think of how that victory would have been that little bit sweeter at a packed Villa Park. It's almost criminal that it had to happen under "Lockdown." It just took the edge off, slightly. 

Â