Ross Barkley

LondonLax

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Poor sod had had absolutely zero fanfare due to everything else going on 😂.

I actually think he'll prove to be a very good addition this time round.

I think he'll also be determined to " make amends " for last stint and show what he's capable of.

Agree with you, very astute signing. The squad depth is looking good now.

• Like 2

Fingers crossed he's hungry enough to play a big part for us throughout the whole season this time.  My lasting memory from last time was him getting substituted and just sitting on the advertising board halfway round the pitch.  Credit to him for his season with Luton, that version of Barkley would be an asset.

https://www.lutontown.co.uk/en/news/ross-barkley-departs-to-aston-villa

Manager Rob Edwards said: “We are disappointed to see Ross go, but we completely understand it and he leaves with our best wishes and thanks.

“It was great to work with him for a season. He was amazing, provided lots of good memories for us all and the supporters fell in love with him, but I’m sure everyone will understand the opportunity.

“Playing in the Premier League is important for Ross, as is Champions League football. He still wants to play for England and believes this gives him the best chance to do so.

“We’ve had a good chat and Ross has thanked me and the club. We are parting on good terms and you never know what the future holds, I’ve got to say that.

“He loves all of the supporters and he wants to come back to watch a game. He actually said, ‘I want to come back for the Watford derby!’

“So let’s give him a great reception when he does come back during the season. He’ll always be welcome.”

CEO Gary Sweet added: “To have a player of Ross Barkley’s stature and class grace the Kenilworth Road pitch has been an absolute joy to watch for all of us Luton Town supporters.

“To be able to give him a home for a season and a haven for the rest of his career – he knows he can always lean on us – is an absolute win-win situation for both parties.

“Ross came here and bought into everything that Luton Town is about. He’s loved his time at the club and of course, every single one of us would choose Champions League football over the Championship, so no-one should ever question his decision to want to rejoin Aston Villa.

“We thank him for his service to the football club in the short time he has been here, and wish him every success at Villa Park and in the future.”

Perfect Unai player, he loves an older project and Ross Barkley if he plays to his ability is a top player.

Credit to him, his turnaround has been brilliant, can see him surprising a few and get back onto the England squad.

Still not convinced on this one, a really good player on his day but throughout his career he has rarely been able to stay in form and/or fully fit on a consistent basis. A useful squad player perhaps, but I am still hoping we sign a proper replacement for Luiz, if / when we do our central midfield options will start to look quite congested (Tielemans, Kamara, McGinn, Barrenechea, Barkley, Ramsey + 1). Good luck to him though. 

He is going to be brilliant.

10 minutes ago, sne said:

All depends on if he's here to replace Calum Chambers or Douglas Luiz.

He won't have to do much to be better than Luiz from Dec-May.

• Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

He is going to be brilliant.

He won't have to do much to be better than Luiz from Dec-May.

🙄 March-Dec maybe. He'll have to stay fit to begin with. Could always count on Luiz to do that. Barkley? Who knows.

• Like 2

Â