Ross Barkley

LondonLax

Good to see a big effort from Ross. That's the minimum you can ask for but he involved and trying to make things happen. Fact is we were very poor in final third with bad passing decisions. Still we rescued a point and the hope for better goes on. Pleased for Davis who should have been on much sooner and of course big Wes is back too!

Much better performance from him but still not great and still not the player you expect to come from Chelsea.

We also improved dramatically in intensity when he went off, not sure if that is just coincidence today as we were throwing everything at them, it has happened previously however. 

He's trying, I think that much is clear and he added something tonight. I thought he showed a decent attitude in his sub appearance against City but his passing was off, tonight was better - he can still help us this season.

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's trying, I think that much is clear and he added something tonight. I thought he showed a decent attitude in his sub appearance against City but his passing was off, tonight was better - he can still help us this season.

I mentioned in the match thread, I wondered if Deano reiterating publicly, that no permanent deal has been discussed, was a final kick up the backside he needed?

What was clear to me is that we have to have a number 10 who looks to go forward with the ball and fills the space between Mcginn/luiz and Watkins. 

I thought Barkley today was effective, he linked well and struck up a good partnership with Watkins. I dont think he was helped by how poor McGinn and Luiz were today.

He would stay in my side.

• Like 1

Was far better than his new normal, however he just does not work for us without jack. He slows the game down without speeding it up again doesn't tackle or press and yet again along with mgginn gave the ball away a stupid amount of times.

His attempts at heading were truelly laughable, 3 times I saw him try and jump and missed the ball by 2 or 3 foot each time, not because it flew over him, the ball landed right where he was jumping, because he totally miss timed his jump. Kids basic stuff.

As I say, better than the last 4 months but does not work in out team. No coincidence we looked far better when he went off and had someone who puts in the dirty work of running blocking and pressing while still supporting the front.

And then swapping out the other lazy player for an aggressive player got us the point.

Both should have been off at half time as both were not working for the greater good ( the team).

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â