Ross Barkley

LondonLax

10 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Him being judged on these small cameos when team confidence is low and his is probably even lower is a bit harsh.

I think you are forgetting that he has been poor even when he has started games post injury.

He has started in 8 games after returning from injury, he has come off the bench for 5 games after that, he has been poor in pretty much every one of those 13 appearances.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

That was about it though. One assist every five or six games might be good enough for you but SEVEN times he gave the ball away, Jota nearly got an assist from him too.

He's lightweight.

He’s not lightweight though he's gutless he has a the frame and strength to put him self about but he’s just a bottler 

38 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

That was about it though. One assist every five or six games might be good enough for you but SEVEN times he gave the ball away, Jota nearly got an assist from him too.

He's lightweight.

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

He’s not lightweight though he's gutless he has a the frame and strength to put him self about but he’s just a bottler 

I think you are both right with the intention of what you are saying (if im reading it right).

He does seem to have poor in game management, he has done hospital passes quite a few times from what i have seen, i cant imagine what he is thinking in those moments, he's like a Mings dialled up to 11 ! (when Mings occasionally does his - let pass it to the opposition impression)

He clearly isnt actually lightweight, he's actually a really powerfully built guy who could be a physical nightmare for the opposition if he wanted to.

The problem is he's mentally lightweight and he doesnt seem to want the physical battle or to put the effort in, which looks even worse when a guy of his physical makeup refuses to get stuck in.

i agree though, he acts lightweight, maybe the phrase im looking for is physically imposing, but mentally lightweight.

• Like 1

The decline from his pre-injury performances is staggering. I’m not sure I’ve seen anything like it. He was absolutely brilliant when he came in, easily one of the first names on the team sheet, and now he can’t do anything right. Like, almost literally. His confidence must be absolutely shattered. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

I think you are forgetting that he has been poor even when he has started games post injury.

He has started in 8 games after returning from injury, he has come off the bench for 5 games after that, he has been poor in pretty much every one of those 13 appearances.

He was poor yeah, I agree, but he was seemingly given a kick up the back side. Since then he's not been given a start, I mean he came off the bench VS Newcastle and created two clear opportunities ffs (granted one would have been pulled back for Watkins being offside).

I'm not actually trying desperately to defend him or anything, I just think lately you can see he's trying hard to make a difference but it's not easy for him at the moment.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Ah c'mon. His shit performances are what has led him being dropped to the bench in the first place and only getting cameos, and he is even shit in those too.

A harsh reality for some to accept it appears.

Not at all. I was calling him shit when he had his bad run of form, since then he's had a kick up the back side and needs another proper opportunity. And let's not forget how many of us were praying to sign him after his first few games of the season.

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Not at all. I was calling him shit when he had his bad run of form, since then he's had a kick up the back side and needs another proper opportunity. And let's not forget how many of us were praying to sign him after his first few games of the season.

I have to disagree with you.

I don't see the kick up the arse he's had because he has shown sod all on the pitch for nearly the entire season bar a few games.

He might make an effort for 5 minutes or deliver a pass here or there but it's not enough imo.

I am not sure how many posters were praying of signing him but I've never been one of them, he is extremely over rated imo.

I understand the 'level of player' he is supposed to be, but he's turned out a disaster and a complete pile of shite.

He's not a hard worker. Thus he has to deliver on creating and scoring goals. He doesn't neither. I'm baffled as to how anyone can say they want him signed.

I honestly think we can promote a couple of youngsters and they will out perform him. Ramsey alone is MUCH better IMO and not to mention he can still develop. What you see with Barkley is what you will get. Nowt. 

• Like 3

You look at Lingard right now and you immediately wonder what could have been had Barkley maintained his early season form. 

That's the one transfer we have to nail this summer. This team desperately needs a second creative outlet next to Jack. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

You look at Lingard right now and you immediately wonder what could have been had Barkley maintained his early season form. 

That's the one transfer we have to nail this summer. This team desperately needs a second creative outlet next to Jack. 

It's really important that's addressed as the priority. Could be the difference of 4 or 5 league places. I think we have to go into next season assuming that Grealish will be out for a fair chunk of the season, rather than hoping he is fit throughout.

I think it's pretty clear that we won't be signing him permanently. But it will annoy me so much if Chelsea manage to get the purported £30m+ for him. The big club tax is real.as is the English born player tax. Wanna see Chelsea take a big hit on this one

31 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I think it's pretty clear that we won't be signing him permanently. But it will annoy me so much if Chelsea manage to get the purported £30m+ for him. The big club tax is real.as is the English born player tax. Wanna see Chelsea take a big hit on this one

And if not then there is always our buddy Drinkwater for that.

Â