Ross Barkley

LondonLax

12 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Who cares what he does after he's subbed? I only care what he does on the field, which has been sub-par for a long time now.

The two are obviously linked. All of his theatrics and moodiness "off the pitch" provide a valid insight into his mentality and attitude and both those things obviously will impact on his contribution on the pitch. Get rid !

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I think he quite clearly knows he's not in good form right now and not playing to what he's capable of, being subbed off the last how many games is proving that. 

Of course the bloke isn't going to be happy, he's in a bad place. I'm not sure he can particularly afford this loan to be a disaster. 

The comments saying you 'hate him' or 'he's a word removed' are just ridiculous. Like seriously get a **** grip. 

I think you’re being very, very kind. There’s a difference between trying and playing badly (see Trezeguet) and literally strutting around not giving a **** and making a big song and dance of being taken off. He isn’t a bad player but he doesn’t give a **** (just like all of our players in the Sherwood/Garde era). We can’t go down that route again. He has to go and also has to be made an example of to show this isn’t acceptable anymore at Villa.

I can only assume he has some sort of clause requiring him to play if such a thing really exists. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 2

Regardless of his ability, status, mates with Jack etc. I can put up with poor form but a poor attitude. No way.  From dragging his feet on the sideline when called off, throwing a tantrum and flinging his socks and pads into the stand. He's more problem than he's worth imo. Other players most look at him and think prima donna idiot. Unbelievable that a couple of weeks after making a scene he does it again. Get rid asap before his attitude rubs off imo. 

Personally I'm not down with the attitude it's okay to come off angry and display it. Shit like that either rubs off or causes division eventually.

We've got players that are potentially the future of the club and far more enthusiastic when wearing the shirt. Time to put our trust in those players.

• Like 3

I think I spent almost the whole time he was on the pitch complaining about him, so at this point I think the bias is cast in my mind, so this probably isn't a very balanced viewpoint.

I will admit he was more involved today, not because I think he played better, but because jack wasn't there the team tried to use him more often.

From seeing more of the ball I noticed just how slow he is to make a decision and move the ball on, it's pedestrian, and while he does this he is pretty much static on the ball.

He is seemingly always the last person in to frame(even behind Ollie) when we are chasing back 

And speaking of Ollie, having these two guys on the same pitch next to eachother shows just how lazy Barkley is, he basically runs around him all game.

The sulking from rightfully being subbed is just insulting to everyone else in a villa shirt.

I thought there was a player in there 5 months or so ago, now I'm pretty positive that player will not come out often enough to make us a better side, I'd much rather us develop Ramsey or get Sanson up to speed because at least those guys want to be at Aston Villa.

• Like 1

There is absolutely no way we should sign this bloke. Would be quite happy for him to be benched for Ramsey until he goes back to Chelsea at the end of the season. He might have been an inspirational signing, but it’s not working out that way.

No hard feelings and grateful for the few important goals he’s scored, but he offers nothing to us now and worsens the performance of the whole team. 

• Like 4

I always thought this bloke was a bit of a word removed but you have to give them a chance.

He has no energy, desire or will. Today he had an opportunity to be the star and he fluffed it.

Opening minute of the game McGinn gives the ball away and then Barkley does the same which unfortunately set the pattern for the next twenty minutes and we lost the game.

Problem is our midfield has been weak for many games now and teams continue to dominate us every week. One of the pundits said at half-time our midfield was non-existent.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I think he quite clearly knows he's not in good form right now and not playing to what he's capable of, being subbed off the last how many games is proving that. 

Of course the bloke isn't going to be happy, he's in a bad place. I'm not sure he can particularly afford this loan to be a disaster. 

I wouldn't disagree with this but let's be clear, you have to work to get back some form.

Game by game it's becoming more and more obvious that this guy has no desire to work....

In a team game that makes him a passenger. Unfortunately Villa aren't good enough to carry someone and hope they find some form.

I said in the ratings thread that he was better than his recent showings. Still gave the ball away too much. He said himself in the interview before we signed him he sees himself as an 8. 

Barkley doing the box to box role? Now that would be incredible.

Edited by Sulberto21

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

He actually just needs to **** off. I think I hate him. He is in the Lescott mould of players we do not want at Villa. I don’t want to go down that road again.

No more top 4 cast-offs please. 

Spot on. 

• Like 1

I think whether it’s a lack of effort or lack of fitness is irrelevant... you cannot carry be a successful side in the premier league today without pressing up the pitch and Barkley is severely limiting our ability to do that.  He’s giving us nothing without the ball and that’s causing a chain reaction through the middle of the park.

His lack of pace and energy means Ollie runs himself into the ground, McGinn and Luiz are constantly outnumbered.  On top of that he’s in a creative rut right now.  Part of me really feels bad for the guy, but he can act frustrated all he wants... it’s was like night and day once we brought Ramsey on for him. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

The comments saying you 'hate him' or 'he's a word removed' are just ridiculous. Like seriously get a **** grip. 

Fair play, but the flipside of that is, shouldn't he be grateful that Deano continually gives him a chance, even though he hasn't been good?

Do you think the display of attitude helps or hinders his cause, both with the club, or the fans?

There are players we have which aren't good, but we still love their effort and attitude.

Example, everyone knows how pissed off someone like Connor Hourihane is when he is subbed, but does he get the same reaction from us?

Jack had a little quiet tantrum when he came off, but there is a HUGE difference.

I could say it's partially Deans fault for persisting with him, but he is also trying to help the lad, and he doesn't seem to realise or appreciate it!

There are different ways you can show the same frustration, without seemingly disrespecting the Manager, and the rest of the squad.

Just my opinion.

Up until today, I thought all the people saying we should just send him back, were being too dramatic, but I ended up feeling the same way today.

Granted, it probably also has to do with emotions during the game.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

You'd hope that he'd have viewed this loan spell as a good opportunity to showcase himself for either Villa, Tuchel, or some other club. The totality of his performances and his petulance when being subbed off is making all the wrong impressions at the moment. It was flummoxing to see him get another start today. Ramsey and Sanson are much more intriguing options than Barkley, and they both play and act like they want to be at Aston Villa. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

However his attitude sickens me, and speaks volumes.

Get this prick back to London.

Slow walked around the pitch, muttering and swearing, sits down on the stand.

Gets up, slow walks around some more, chucks his socks and shin pads into the Holte End.

Doesn't even greet our subs.

Who does he think he is?

He can piss right off.

Correct, He's shite and I stated weeks ago he should be sent back to Chelsea.

He's an absolute joke!

4 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

Is there anything to the oft repeated theory he has something in his contract where he must be played if fit? I understand players sometimes need to "play through" a rough patch, but this run of poor performances has gone well beyond a patch.

No. We wouldn't agree to that

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â