Ross Barkley

LondonLax

Just now, VillaChris said:

Are Chelsea going to let Barkley and Loftus Cheek go in same window?

I know they're well stocked in midfield but it only takes a few injuries and suddenly you need those types.

Barkley again made the bench tonight while Loftus Cheek didn't and Lampard confirmed he can go out on loan so would say that's the more likely one unless we don't have any interest in him.

Gilmour to come back. Rice strongly linked. They got midfielders coming out their ears. 

3 minutes ago, deeps said:

Gilmour to come back. Rice strongly linked. They got midfielders coming out their ears. 

Given all the hapless defending every game from Chelsea Rice would be a CB there. Yes Gilmour was playing a fair bit but he's still very young although the potential is huge. I get the feeling Lampard would move on Kante if he could but think that's a little too optimistic for where we currently are as a club!

They're well stocked for deeper lying midfielders with Kovacic, Jorginho and Kante but would've thought they'd retain one to make late runs into the box unless the plan is to move Mount there once Pulisic is fit.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

For me Barkley is a top 8 player, not a top 4 player. For that reason he will instantly become one of our better players. 

samuel l jackson idgaf GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Edited by Dave-R

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I said earlier this summer we wouldn’t make a statement signing, I think this would be pretty close though.

Great to hear you're confident we will land him. 

I certainly think this would be a huge coup. 

9 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I‘m absolutely certain we are trying to land him and I’m fairly sure we will. I fully expect it to be a loan though with Chelsea picking up part of his wages and is having the option to buy. 

For a lot of reasons that makes much more sense than buying him.

I said earlier this summer we wouldn’t make a statement signing, I think this would be pretty close though.

This has made my day. 😊

7 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Really not interested in either, one is made of glass and injured most of the time, the other is on high wages and outside our wage budget. Just don’t see either happening.

Would you have turned down Danny Ings?

Personally I think Barkley is perfect for us, strong on the ball, good range of passing, links well with other players and also is fairly tall and robust - something we lack with our three current midfielders.

Perfect!

Just now, Designer1 said:

I'm amazed there are people who wouldn't want Ross Barkley at Villa.

I’m really excited about the potential signing. It’s one of those where if it doesn’t come off I’ll be genuinely gutted. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â