Wrexham AFC - Ryan Reynolds/Rob McElhenney

Wezbid

• 2 weeks later...

They had a League 2 record transfer rejected by the Football League for a Harrogate striker, 450k for a League 2 striker with a goals record you would call OK at best. They also spent 250k on James McClean which is insane as well

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

They had a League 2 record transfer rejected by the Football League for a Harrogate striker, 450k for a League 2 striker with a goals record you would call OK at best. They also spent 250k on James McClean which is insane as well

They didn’t have it rejected as such - they just missed the deadline. 

Only started watching the Wrexham documentary two days ago.

Its a decent watch but they padded the series out with a few unnecessary episodes that contained no football whatsoever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Its a decent watch but they padded the series out with a few unnecessary episodes that contained no football whatsoever.

I like that though, for example if amazon were ever to do a Villa one there's every danger I watched all the games so I don't need them to show we them again a year later in an ultra stylistic edit that adds false drama

Its the off the field non football stuff that we don't usually get to see that I'd be interested in, I'd want more BMH than VP

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

To be honest I doubt most Americans know what the hell Wales is so it's been great from an educational point of view as well

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I like that though, for example if amazon were ever to do a Villa one there's every danger I watched all the games so I don't need them to show we them again a year later in an ultra stylistic edit that adds false drama

Its the off the field non football stuff that we don't usually get to see that I'd be interested in, I'd want more BMH than VP

Bodymoor heath, dont forget Aston surrounding areas. 🤣

I see Wrexham who lots of people hate because their owners threw around a lot of money are 7th whilst Notts County who no one hates because their owners threw around a lot of money are 2nd 🤔

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I started watching it and got a bit fed up with the padding too. The Wales one (obviously aimed at US audience) was really shit and boring.

I wanted to see more stuff about the owners and the people running the club behind the scenes.

Edited by Genie

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I started watching it and got a bit fed up with the padding too. The Wales one (obviously aimed at US audience) was really shit and boring.

I wanted to see more stuff about the owners and the people running the club behind the scenes.

I bet the woman who volunteers and works in a library (the happy clapper) wasn’t single for long after this aired 😉

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I bet the woman who volunteers and works in a library (the happy clapper) wasn’t single for long after this aired 😉

She seemed like a bit of an arsehole to be honest. Had a season ticket and volunteered a bit and thought she should be running the club. Sack the CEO etc 🤣 

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

I see Wrexham who lots of people hate because their owners threw around a lot of money are 7th whilst Notts County who no one hates because their owners threw around a lot of money are 2nd 🤔

Notts County spent 50k over 2 seasons and Wrexham paid 300k alone plus Championship wages for James McClean alone

Also Notts County aren't being forced down our throats

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

No-one one hates Wrexham. They’re just the Man City of lower league football.

They spent more than the entirety of the National League combined (including Notts County) last season and they’ve spent more than the entirety of League Two combined (again, including Notts County) this season. Good for them.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â