Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

5 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Did well in his Europa League game last week.

Ridiculous he was let go and frozen out and a wide player we need his got class I don't know what football our coaches are watching because very few in our side has his class.

• Like 3

Yep I'd question letting Traore go, and Kesler for that matter. If we actually played a shape that suited our players, like 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 then he'd be needed. We only have Bailey for natural width as part of the 3 in the 4-2-3-1 or the front 3 in a 4-3-3. Buendia/coutinho for the 10 role Bailey and Troare wide

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Wouldn't call either of those chances massive by any stretch. 

He should be scoring both imo.  But I’ve since seen they beat Hearts 4-0 so it didn’t matter.

edit: he’s playing right now if anybody is interested. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I think so. He obviously could’ve done better but he was a key part of their attack.

He looked very active and energetic in those clips.

Wonder if that's partially due to having more space/time in that League, or very good movement by the team he's at?

Looks liked swarming breakaways with him bursting forward into space.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wonder if that's partially due to having more space/time in that League, or very good movement by the team he's at?

They’re playing Hearts mate.  Looks like they could have won by a lot more. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ridiculous JV that he no longer wears our colours - The guy is a magician and could have been a brilliant impact player 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

Ridiculous JV that he no longer wears our colours - The guy is a magician and could have been a brilliant impact player 

I agree. He doesn't get into the first 11 for me, but in some of the drab performances we've put in lately, with no attacking ideas, he's the name in the squad I'd have turned to, hoping for a bit of brilliance from absolutely nothing. He's inconsistent, but look at this **** team, they're all inconsistent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Was a nice goal but the loose pass, the defending, the goal keeping. It was all very poor standard. Don’t wanna take anything away from Bertie but you can see why Trez rips up that league. 

He was awful in the Europa League though. I think Bertie's been pretty good everywhere he's went, Holland, France, Turkey, England. He's just a good footballer and that translates.

22 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

I don't know how you can have anything but fond memories of him. Started on the right in one of the most impressive attacking displays we have had in the Prem for ages. With 10 men we beat Palace 3-0 and posted an xG of 3.5. That's crazy especially when you look at us now struggling to crack 1.0 xG. 

SmartSelect_20220912_165141_Chrome.jpg

A magical game. Luiz outstanding in midfield. Managed to watch from the stands, a real treat at the time.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

A magical game. Luiz outstanding in midfield. Managed to watch from the stands, a real treat at the time.

I was watching a Grealish compilation (I know) the other day and I saw clips from that game and it made me sad. We were absolutely flying then. A real identity to the team, didn't know when we were beaten. Down to 10 men and we just demolished Palace. Ollie should have had 4 or 5. Grealish was just on fire. That Christmas period 2020 was the best football I've ever seen us play. How quickly things changed.

Traore in great form at the time too as Captain Jack noted before his goal:

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â